Rwanda.. here we come..!!

Started by Scrumpy, April 14, 2022, 09:29:51 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

That is pretty much guaranteed whatever action we take. I suspect my own vote in the upcoming locals will be none of the above unless there I see a good protest candidate on the ballot.

I do be so hope that nothing occurs that can in any way of stem these richly deserved tears

GrannyMac

I don't know if I'll bother voting this time. The competition here is Labour v Greens.  Tories are nowhere, the Lib Dems were damaged by Nick Clegg's role in the Coalition. The last Local election saw the very able Labour councillor defeated by the Greens, mainly because they visibly organise litter picks and foodbank collections.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

The libdems secured my everlasting contempt with their denial of democracy which they labelled Bollucks to Brexit. Not that I was any fan of theirs before but I would happily see them wiped from the political landscape after that. Poor Jo  :clap:

crabbyob

labour have been quiet of late about their plans to return us to thev european fold i feel its time they were asked the question at the box, so we can once more see starmers 'startled rabbit' impression

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on April 14, 2022, 03:07:59 PM
Hello Scrumpy,

I agree wholeheartedly it will never happen, all the law firms in Camden, Archway and Islington screaming murder and mounting endless appeals to the ECHR will now be the direction.

The government of course confidently anticipates this response and is indeed reliant upon it's happening. They have no intention of actually setting up in Rwanda at all. These announcements are from within 'Cakeville' the new dome of truth. They are only intended as a ruse to dump responsibility for failure of this half baked excuse for doing nothing, whilst appearing busy, onto the Immigrant Law industry, of which Keir Starmer is a leading exponent.

Hi Cassandra,

Please don't take this personally, but do you ever feel very disappointed by the self-serving money-making antics of those in the legal profession who want to try to overturn the policies of the Government.

It infuriates me beyond words as I didn't vote for some bugger in Chambers in Camden to determine Government policy, nor do I wish my taxes to be spent contesting their duplicitous challenges.

If there was public vote I reckon the Rwanda scheme would be supported by an 85% majority as personally I haven't yet spoken to anyone who's against it. 

Priti Patel summed it up very well, for me, when she said "Our compassion may be infinite but our capacity to house people is not.

Every day, putting up people in hotels costs the taxpayer nearly £5 million. This is unfair and unsustainable"

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 15, 2022, 08:29:56 AM

Well said..

Thanks, also most of us have the intelligence to realise that the only reason the Camden Chambers don't want immigrants being sent to Rwanda is because every one that gets sent there won't be a money-spinner for the Camden Chambers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

crabbyob

Alex

I did read that Israel sent/deported a few thousand Africans to Rwanda and most of them, after a few weeks fled to Europe.   As much as I'd love it to work, I just can't see it. :hmm:

klondike

I thought they would be getting their asylum claims to enter Britain processed there. My interpretation of the latest news item I heard on this was that we would be transporting them to Rwanda and the Rwandan's would accept their claims for asylum there. Much better idea. That will really get the asylum supporters riled  :grin:

Alex

Even handier the former RAF base in Linton-on-Ouse is taking 500 asylum seekers, just think there's already an airfield there  :grin: :grin:

klondike

So that's yesterday's influx almost housed I wonder which old air base they'll use for today's...

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on April 15, 2022, 11:31:59 AM
Even handier the former RAF base in Linton-on-Ouse is taking 500 asylum seekers, just think there's already an airfield there  :grin: :grin:

An air base.!!!! Oh No. !!!!!
They will be coming over by the jet load.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

They're already arriving by the jet load Scrumpy, main media just won't publish it.  In a way it surprises me, why don't the Labour newspapers highlight what's happening ? I mean as a way to get at the Government :hmm: 

klondike

Because then somebody would ask Starmer what he'd do about it and the answer would only please the Islington crowd.