Hello Everyone.

Started by Maywalk, May 29, 2023, 01:01:24 PM

« previous - next »

Maywalk

Hi folk.
When browsing through the forum I believe some of you know me already.

For those that don't I am a 93 year old biddy with many tales to tell that dates back to the 30s. I have been on the net since 2002 when I first started my WW2 website.

When describing myself I can only say that I am like an old car that has been round the clock a few times that has had parts knocked off it and rusted up, my exhaust pipe is getting weak now although my radiator still works and my headlights keep shining. 

Keep smiling and remember a good belly laugh helps the medicine go down.

klondike

Welcome

I don't think we have met but I know the name already as you have been mentioned in despatches...

https://letschat.club/index.php?topic=1802.0

Alex

There are a few old cars that have been round the block on here Maywalk, so welcome !   Looking forward to hearing some of your tales :upvote:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

A big welcome from me.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Maywalk

Many thanks for the welcome folks. I will have a look through the threads to see if I can add anything.
I am not into politics or religion, they cause TOO much friction and sets my hypertension off.

I would much rather have a good belly laugh and to look back over time to see how the decades have changed, plus the music and way of living, not to mention human rights.

I wrote a booklet of the first 20 years of my life that takes in the 1930s and the war years up to my farcical Cockney wedding day in 1949 with all proceeds after printing costs taken out going to my local Children's Hospice. I am happy to say has made a 4 figure sum for them. 12 chapters in all

If anyone is interested I will put chapter up in the memory section each day for those who like to read about those times but they are all true tales of my own life, plus a photo or an old document dealing with that particular chapter if it is allowed.

I leave you to think it over.
Cheers everyone.   

Never worry worry till worry worries you.

GrannyMac

That would be great! I remember you, glad you found us.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Jacqueline

Hi Maywalk,  I remember reading your story, so interesting, looking forward to reading your posts, I too are glad you found us here..

Maywalk

Thanks Grannymac and Jaqueline.

I will go and put the first chapter up but PLEASE remember life was entirely different then to what it is now AND it was written around 19 years ago.  

alfred

Hello Maywalk,

I too followed you on another  web site and found your story interesting to the point that i simply had to find out  how your  story ended ,  im sure you would make a great story  writer where  as   the details you describe make reading what  you write  so interesting  that it was hard to stop reading as i waited for the final  which i thoroughly enjoyed,

keep up the stories which i eagerly await to read, more,

also welcome to the forum 

Maywalk

Hi there Alfred.

Nice to know you are still around and I hope you enjoyed the trip back in time that I put in memory lane section.
I will see what other tales I have of days gone by.

Thank you for the welcome. :upvote: