changing bed linen,

Started by alfred, June 29, 2022, 09:54:13 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

It seems many peoples idea of changing the pillow cases and bed sheets vary from once a week to once a fortnight or even longer so when is the right time to change the linen  on a bed, and of course we all have our own ideas ,

Q; have you any thoughts on when's the best time to change the sheets and pillow cases , if so will you share your thoughts with us ,.

Raven

Once a week in the warm weather, unless it's been scorching hot, then it's a quick rinse through in the mornings.
Once a fortnight in the Winter.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Michael Rolls

when they beat me to the door!
Mike  :smug:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Every three days, but I do use the American patented zip sheet type. No problems to do, even when I'm on my own and so simple to wash too.

https://quickzip.com/pages/how-it-works
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

At least once a week in the summer months..
I put my duvet and pillows out in the fresh air often..
Getting into a freshly laundered bed is scrummy.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 29, 2022, 04:23:57 PMAt least once a week in the summer months..
I put my duvet and pillows out in the fresh air often..
Getting into a freshly laundered bed is scrummy..

I do that as well, then Febreze them within an inch of their lives. Smells wonderful.  :yay:

Alex

Those US sheets look a great idea.
I use a top sheet so I change the duvet cover less often.  Fortnightly usually for the sheets.

Floydy

Change mine annually whether it needs it or not....

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on June 30, 2022, 11:58:50 AMThose US sheets look a great idea.
I use a top sheet so I change the duvet cover less often.  Fortnightly usually for the sheets.

Alex I've had them most of my life. My mother was American and she bought them back over the years whenever she visited her family here where I am now. The quality is first class, I still have some from 1977 still going strong! They come in two parts, a base in which the mattress sits (various dimensions available) and then the tops sheets that zip around. You only need to wash the base every six months. The quality is outstanding (not via China). Many will say they're too much etc etc. In the UK after my wife died 25 years ago now, I would struggled with one arm to change sheets. The 'Quickzips' of course saved all that. Although 'Tillie', my housekeeper does most of it now, whenever she's on holiday etc I can change mine in under three minutes. You'd only need a base and two 'percale' top sheets they'd last you I promise. These days if anything makes my life easier I have it. Their great people to deal with too, so helpful and considerate.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Jacqueline

I do change the pillow cases more often than the duvet cover, helps to make the bed change last longer.  I get in a right old state changing the duvet cover, tried many different ways of doing it, to pegging the corners with clothes pegs to keep it in place, to tucking the corners under my arm, and still the darned thing doesn't do what it's told, they have a will  of their own  :yell:

Cass, love those zip sheets and duvet sets, what a great idea, I bet you can't find them in the UK, will go online in a bit and have a look. 

Off subject a bit - You have so much stuff better than here, I have recently bought two American petite size 18 dresses on ebay, they fit me perfectly, petite larger sizes are non existent in the UK, normal size swamps me.  I once worked with a woman who go to New York with an empty suitcase to buy clothes as she couldn't get what she wanted here.