What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

That's okay but I trust my own judgement. Let's see if you agree after you've watched it cos I'm only going on the first part, couldn't take more than that.. :hmm: 

klondike

OK I'll download it and give it a try. Our tastes don't always coincide for sure as you seem to prefer the more intellectually challenging stuff that I find either pretentious or boring at times.

zoony

klondike

On the face of it this film should suit me right down to the ground. I loved the earlier Viking seasons but felt it lost its way after Ragnar was killed and gave up watching after a while.

zoony

Excellent series 'Vikings' and like you, I shared the same expectations. Unfortunately, and sadly, 'Northman' has none of the class that made Viking such a good series. Imo of course..

klondike

You don't make a good salesman sir...  :smiley:

zoony

Wot me?  :grin:  I'm honest is all..I say when I like something so...

klondike

I'm afraid that my tolerance level was even lower than yours. I may have hung in a little longer hoping things would improve had you not already said that you baled out early. As it is I don't think I made 10 minutes. Annoying tuneless dirges, slowly delivered grunts of stilted dialog. Not for me. Perhaps I have missed a masterpiece. More likley I haven't wasted a couple of hours though.

zoony

IMDB 7.6 eh? It sure says a lot about their judges. Still corrupt.

klondike

Seems we agree on what we don't like at least  :grin:

I usually reckon on an IMDB rating of 7 or more suggest worth a look but I have enjoyed some trashy ones with quite low scores. If that 7.6 starts to decline as we go on then it would suggest some fiddling for sure.

I see it is at 7.5 now and the first reviews in this link were mostly way down on even that when I checked just now.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11138512/reviews/?ref_=tt_ql_urv

I never got as far as any plot as the annoying soundtrack and characters script delivery killed it for me. Maybe if I'd spent £20 on a cinema visit I'd have hung on longer.

klondike

I have started watching Outer Range as was mentioned earlier. Just 2 episodes so far. It does seem to be a bit slow going but I will persevere. When I get to the big reveal at the end I'll be disappointed I expect although there are already big hints so maybe the reveal will come early.

Anyway in conjunction with that I turned to an old set of short black comedies Inside No 9 which I have seen before. I still like them and on checking see that Season 7 is currently showing. It used to be BBC but it looks like it may be on Sky now. Naturally it is available from Zoony's Video Emporium to all capable of following the simple guide I wrote although it may be necessary to use the alternate site I also documented (Torlook) if your ISP has blocked Magnet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_No._9 

Michael Rolls

I watched 6 Days - a 'docudrama' about the terrorists taking over the Iranian embassy in 1980. Very well done, the only problem with all such efforts is the you know the eventual outcome
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

I'm watching a 6-part black comedy/drama sort of thing called 'Underworld'.. It's a peculiar one and a bit farcical but chuckles a-plenty... very 'English' if that means anything.  :grin:

Alex

I'm watching Bosch The Legacy and enjoying it. 

Michael Rolls

watched 'Munich', a docudrama about the massacre of the Israeli athletes and the revenge extracted by Mossad. Well over two hours and really a bit draggy.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]