Dash cams

Started by Michael Rolls, April 26, 2022, 07:44:31 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

having nearly been taken out twice by inattentive idiots in the last couple of weeks, I think I will install a dash-cam. As the Mondeo has a built in sat-nav I don't need a combined piece of kit. Some offer both front and rear vision pictures which intrigues me as the various blurbs assume I know a lot more about such devices than is actually the case. Some of the illustrations seem to imply that one camera, fixed high on the windscreen, covers both front and rear - is this the case?
Any advice gratefully received
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

I originally had a front facing camera & a separate rear facing camera but I decided to upgrade them so I bought these, & although I could have fitted them myself, I paid to have them fitted.

I wouldn't recommend the cameras that record both front & rear in the one unit.

https://nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/322gw-dash-cam/

https://nextbase.co.uk/modules/rear-window-camera/

https://nextbase.co.uk/accessories/professional-home-fitting-standalone/

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I've altered your title from sat nav to dash cam.

I had one fitted to my previous car when I heard of the latest fake accident scam of beckoning a car to cross right in front of them then slamming forward into it. I fitted one myself in this one. I have front only. They obviously work as I haven't been cut up since having one  :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 26, 2022, 09:34:47 AM

I had one fitted to my previous car when I heard of the latest fake accident scam of beckoning a car to cross right in front of them then slamming forward into it. I fitted one myself in this one. I have front only. They obviously work as I haven't been cut up since having one  :grin:

Good move, I hadn't spotted that.

The rear camera is great, most tailgaters tend to drop back when they eventually see it.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on April 26, 2022, 09:34:47 AM

Thanks - slip of the mind!
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

thanks guys - Phil, I like the look of your recommendations - having 10 thumbs to go with my three left feet, I'll get it fitted professionally, all being well the week after next when my guests are gone
Mike
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 26, 2022, 11:23:53 AM
thanks guys - Phil, I like the look of your recommendations - having 10 thumbs to go with my three left feet, I'll get it fitted professionally, all being well the week after next when my guests are gone
Mike

It can take a couple of weeks from ordering to getting a fitting appointment so you could buy the dash cam devices now & select a fitting date that's convenient to you.

I forgot to say that you'll need an SD card as well & the system requires a certain class of card & although this card is more expensive than some, it is the right type & it will save you the hassle of searching for one & potentially buying one that isn't compatible.

https://nextbase.co.uk/accessories/128gb-u3-industrial-grade-microsd-card/
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]