still got problems

Started by Michael Rolls, Yesterday at 10:08:52 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Had a BT engineer call two or three weeks ago and claimed that he had fixed my connection problems - but they are back. For several days now, every time I come on here my connection fails, usually whilst I am the site, but on two occasions the moment that I leave it and attempt to go to another site. I have only managed to complete Wordle twice in the last 10 days (they were the days when my connection failed after I left here. I have taken to looking at my other sites - news, on-line banking, weather, etc., before coming here, and so far none of them have caused any problem. I think that I will just give up on Wordle but will continue to try and come on here and see if that helps.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Might be a filter issue unless you have a filtered socket with a phone and router socket which most probably will have by now. More likely to be a line problem though unless you have made any changes phone wise imo.

If you have a phone while the router is connected listen on it for crackling or any other noise such as a hissing sound. Press the zero to get rid of the dial tone. If you hear that call and complain about it rather than the internet. If the internet connection keeps failing call them again and keep calling. They'll probably have a script of you'll need to go through before they'll send anbody out.

Nothing you do on the internet should cause the connection to fail.

Diasi

You need to do a quite line test.

Plug a corded phone into the master socket, have a cordless base station disconnected & dial 17070 & choose option 2.

You shouldn't hear a single sound, if you do then there's a line fault / dirty line to some extent.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

No advice, just glad you're ok Mike.  Noticeable by absence recently.  I hope you get things fixed soon.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖