Con 283
Lab 175
LibDem 83
Crossbench 184
Non Affiliated 41
Bishops 25

Bishops simply shouldn't be there
LibDems seem to be overrepresented
After the next election the Conservatives will certainly be overrepresented.

If it becomes an elected house and is still full of failed politicians and cronies then we have nobody to blame but ourselves. You can't argue that something that is clearly a cess pit shouldn't be emptied because it will only get refilled with turds. That analogy fails.

I agree with most of your post, but I think it's unfair single out the Bishops for a bashing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Its really used as a 'dumping ground' for those who need to be paid off for something they know, or a sort of lifetime sinecure for failures. The daily refreshers is an attractive bung. I really can't see what Bishops have to do with anything and the latest gartered 'washing up woke' from Canterbury ably demonstrates why almost incessantly.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

Quote from: Cassandra on December 20, 2022, 04:55:33 PMIts really used as a 'dumping ground' for those who need to be paid off for something they know, or a sort of lifetime sinecure for failures. The daily refreshers is an attractive bung. I really can't see what Bishops have to do with anything and the latest gartered 'washing up woke' from Canterbury ably demonstrates why almost incessantly.
Must be hard for them now they haven't got the european union or the egg marketing board.