Not a joke 😎

Started by Alex, December 12, 2023, 04:14:45 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Scrumpy

I think the five year olds in my local school would give them a run for their money.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Perhaps dear Teresa could resume the fine work she did at the Home Office when she was Home Secretary.  :rolleyes:

GrannyMac

None of the above.  ✖️
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

In my opinion the Supreme Court is corrupt & thwarts all attempts to stop illegal immigration in order to provide endless wonga for it's equally corrupt immigration lawyer buddies.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on December 12, 2023, 04:49:44 PMIn my opinion the Supreme Court is corrupt & thwarts all attempts to stop illegal immigration in order to provide endless wonga for it's equally corrupt immigration lawyer buddies.
The Supreme Court seems to rule this country.
We live in kritocracy.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on December 12, 2023, 04:58:23 PMThe Supreme Court seems to rule this country.
We live in kritocracy.
That seems to be the way it is now.

At one time the system was that Parliament made the laws & the Supreme Court was there to make sure the laws were upheld.

I think it fell apart when corrupt Wilson took us into what is now the EU & our Parliament eventually became subservient to the EU courts.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on December 12, 2023, 05:03:58 PMThat seems to be the way it is now.

At one time the system was that Parliament made the laws & the Supreme Court was there to make sure the laws were upheld.

I think it fell apart when corrupt Wilson took us into what is now the EU & our Parliament eventually became subservient to the EU courts.
Yes, I think you're right.  We still seem to be under their thumb somehow and, for that matter, the United Nations.
With all this control by unelected bodies, it makes you wonder why we even bother to vote.  We may as well be living in Russia.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on December 12, 2023, 06:17:37 PMYes, I think you're right.  We still seem to be under their thumb somehow and, for that matter, the United Nations.
With all this control by unelected bodies, it makes you wonder why we even bother to vote.  We may as well be living in Russia.
Well we're certainly not living in the country that the lads on the Normandy landing craft thought they were fighting for when the ramps went down on the beaches.

In fact I reckon they'd have joined the Germans if they'd been shown a glimpse of this future UK as they sailed over the Channel.

I know I would.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on December 12, 2023, 07:34:52 PMWell we're certainly not living in the country that the lads on the Normandy landing craft thought they were fighting for when the ramps went down on the beaches.

In fact I reckon they'd have joined the Germans if they'd been shown a glimpse of this future UK as they sailed over the Channel.

I know I would.
I know that many people agree with you, as well as I do, especially the many who are now emigrating because they see the future of this country.
To be honest, I find that very sad especially after so many have given their all for this country, and now see it being thrown away by the incompetent and uncaring people in charge.  One thing is certain, their names will be remembered.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on December 12, 2023, 07:48:30 PMI know that many people agree with you, as well as I do, especially the many who are now emigrating because they see the future of this country.
To be honest, I find that very sad especially after so many have given their all for this country, and now see it being thrown away by the incompetent and uncaring people in charge.  One thing is certain, their names will be remembered.
My step-daughter & her family are emigrating in the next few weeks, they should have gone already but the checks have been very stringent.

Also HMRC ensure that all their taxes are paid up before they're allowed to go.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on December 12, 2023, 08:16:53 PMMy step-daughter & her family are emigrating in the next few weeks, they should have gone already but the checks have been very stringent.

Also HMRC ensure that all their taxes are paid up before they're allowed to go.
Good luck to them.  Very wise.  Even if things do improve, it will be pretty easy to come back.

To which country, may I ask?

Alex

Good luck to them, wherever they're off to.  My lad says he'd like to go and live in Gibraltar, no idea why he fancies there 🌞☀️

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on December 13, 2023, 12:37:18 AMGood luck to them, wherever they're off to.  My lad says he'd like to go and live in Gibraltar, no idea why he fancies there 🌞☀️
Cyprus & the whole process has taken nearly a year, even though their work will be for a government department.

As they said, there's nothing here for them any more & when they first discussed it with me I told them to go & not even look back at the UK when their plane took off.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on December 13, 2023, 08:32:30 AMCyprus & the whole process has taken nearly a year, even though their work will be for a government department.

As they said, there's nothing here for them any more & when they first discussed it with me I told them to go & not even look back at the UK when their plane took off.
Good for them.  Best to do this sooner rather than later, when other countries won't be so welcoming.