Abstinence

Started by klondike, September 10, 2023, 10:32:07 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

A man was about to enter a bar when he was approached by a nun waving a 'Total abstinence' sign. 'Don't go in there' she said, 'alcohol is the devil's work'. 'But I just want one pint, it's been a tough day and I need to unwind'. 'No you mustn't, no good will come of drinking alcohol'.

'Have you ever tried it'? the man asked, 'no certainly not'. 'Well perhaps you should try it just once. I'll get you a drink and if you don't like it fine, but at least you'll know what you're talking about'. 'Well alright' said the nun, 'just get me one small drink, what do respectable ladies generally drink?'. 'How about gin?' the man suggested. The nun thought for a moment, 'In that case get me one gin, but put it in a cup so people won't know I'm drinking alcohol'.

The man walked into the bar and said to the barman 'A pint of bitter and a small gin please, and can you put the gin in a cup?' 'Oh no' said the barman 'is that bloody nun there again?'.

Diasi

:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:

With it being a Sunday it's good that the jokes have a religious connection.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Excellent.  I'll remember that.  🤣

Oh, I don't suppose that man was from Birmingham, was he?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire