is it going to be cheaper,?

Started by alfred, May 30, 2022, 02:07:48 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I think there's a bit of a difference between collectors cars and one that take you to work somehow.  :grin:

I have bought new in the past but the amount you lose just by driving off the forecourt is horrible. Modern cars are very reliable so for years now I have always got one a year or so old then driven it until things start going wrong and swapped.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on May 31, 2022, 03:41:09 PMWell you definitely wouldn't have liked a look in my garages a few years ago. Actually I did very well from my little collection. Far better than any of my 'Pension Plans' as it turned out!
I would have taken a peek in your garage Cassandra.  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Alex

I'd love a go on the snow mobile  :yay:  :yay:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Well it was very exciting but we didn't really get the deep stuff it was really made for this winter. The two dogs, (then), pre Doris were a bit wary at first but the little one is always the show off and found a perch on top of a big cube cushion on the passenger seat and was well away. Albert settled for my lap. I was somewhat sad to see them all go, but they belonged to a different time and memory set too, that was sometimes painful to realise, by their very vibrant presentation. 

I'd have liked to say goodbye in one hit, but auctions are always a hit and miss affair. In fact they mainly sold by 'chatter' in the market, but only because they'd been seen going through of course by others. Knowing that I left them stored under cover there and over a few weeks they all went and I think everyone was happy. I've kept the Jag, but to be honest when I go out now I really enjoy the little 4 wheel horse drawn carriage, so peaceful, or the fun of the Honda Pioneer utility that came with the place. It's a fun little thing to drive, if a bit drafty! 
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Cassandra.
Your travel choices sound much more exciting than mine..
A 22 year old banger or Shanks pony ..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Cassandra
I love the imagine of you and your canine friends in the horse drawn carriage!
Mike 👍👍👍👍
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Does sound a lot more interesting than my options too. Still I may opt for a mobility scooter rather than the car eventually so along with the bike I'll be all electric  :smiley: