Tipping..

Started by Scrumpy, May 19, 2024, 09:18:05 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Do you tip ? .. 
 Very little cash is carried today.. mostly payment is made by card..
So, when you have had good service, how do you tip.?

Some places include a tip in the bill.. Cheeky buggers.. This can mean that the person you would like to tip seldom knows about it.. 

Perhaps it is becoming a thing of the past and people accept that there is a service charge added to the bill..
 I was presented with my bill in one of the top establishments in London..
It stated , at the bottom of the bill, that x amount of money was added to give to a certain charity..  I asked them to remove it..   
I will give to charity when I decide to.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I don't always tip, but then I don't visit top establishments where I imagine if you can afford to eat there, you can afford a tip.  :smiley: a general observation Scrumps !! Although it should be voluntary.

I tend to tip in cafes though, particularly if it's a young person serving and they're pleasant.  I no longer tip at the hairdressers, it's expensive enough.

JBR

I tip if the service has been good and delivered with a smile.  Though I never carry cash, apart from a couple of notes, but I'm not throwing them away!  I'll add a tip on to the credit card bill, though.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

I hate the rise of tipping .
I do tip for good service but it's gets more and more .
We will end up like América who expect tips for everything 

Diasi

I quite often give tips to the woman who cuts my hair.

The last one was how to charge her clippers so the batteries last longer.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I avoid using hairdressers. I suppose one day it could become a trip hazard but Ill sort that when it does.

Scrumpy

I tip my hairdresser.. 

Money has decreased in value.. tips seem to be getting bigger..
Where coins were sufficient notes have taken over..

Alex

My hair dresser has a shining new Mercedes sat outside his shop, I often park my old banger next to it  :grin:
I then hand over £43 for a cut and blow, won't tell you how much highlights cost  :yell:

klondike

Scrumpy

My mate ,who is a hairdresser ,comes to my house.. 
She just cuts my hair.. no shampoo or blow drying..
I don't have hair lights.. 30 pounds.. 
I wash it afterwards.. sorted..