more wokery

Started by Michael Rolls, March 24, 2023, 08:35:37 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

and more serious than most. 120 barristers have formed a group who say that they will refuse to prosecute groups such as extinction rebellion or adivise companies on fossil fuel exploration. I really loved this quote from one of them
>>>Barrister Paul Powlesland, who signed the declaration, said: "We're refusing to advise fossil fuel companies on how to dig for new oil and gas, the same way we wouldn't advise a killer how to commit serial murders."<<<
The sheer arrogance is breathtaking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65067321
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

More work for those who will.

It's clear that the Net Zero targets won't be met. What will the climate modellers have to say when the world doesn't end?

Follow the example of the Covid death modellers I guess.
Has this bell end resigned?

Err... NO. Despite it being clear that lockdowns saved few if any, caused harm to millions and have (predictably) wrecked the economy.

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 24, 2023, 08:35:37 PMand more serious than most. 120 barristers have formed a group who say that they will refuse to prosecute groups such as extinction rebellion or adivise companies on fossil fuel exploration. I really loved this quote from one of them
>>>Barrister Paul Powlesland, who signed the declaration, said: "We're refusing to advise fossil fuel companies on how to dig for new oil and gas, the same way we wouldn't advise a killer how to commit serial murders."<<<
The sheer arrogance is breathtaking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65067321
You only have to read the names of those involved & check their credentials to see what a load of personal agenda driven twats they are.

The Twat-in-Chief being some complete tosser called Jolyon Toby Dennis Maugham KC, who wasted £thousands trying to stop Brexit.

Even his parents must have decided he would grow up to be a complete tosser when they registered his names.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the oil & gas companies don't need  Barrister Paul Powlesland to advise them how to explore for oil & gas.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

There are plenty of other barristers.

Jacqueline

Who needs these people anyway? 

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Well that particular set of individuals certainly but we do need a working legal system and for that we need barristers. Ask Cass (next time he shows up).

Alex

Jolyon Toby Dennis Maugham KC  is he the piece of whatever who boasted about killing a fox with a spade in his garden  ?

Michael Rolls

apparently with a baseball bat rather than a spade - nasty little man
[email protected]