My Poor Dageus.

Started by Raven, August 22, 2022, 02:11:57 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

oh good - give him and extra treat (if not disallowed) with my name on it!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I will Mike, he always got a chew stick when we come back from our walks before this started. Now he's on soft treats so as not to hurt his mouth. Same for eating, it's pasta, rice, with scrambled eggs or chicken pieces mixed through.

Ashy

Raven

Well that's Dageus at the Vet for his operation. He's really upset and the nurses had a hell of a job getting him downstairs to the holding pens. He saw I wasn't coming and he dug the heels in hard. :cry: Heaven knows how he's feeling towards me at the moment. I have deserted him and he's in a cage. Poor Boy I feel terrible for him.

klondike

Hopefully once it's done he'll forgive you.

You'd think they'd allow or even encourage owners to go to the pens with their pets. Especially if they are reluctant to go.

Ashy

" getting him downstairs to the holding pens. "

I had to  read that twice. After the first time I said "Holding his WHAT?"

Alex

The vets encourage people to stay with their pets at their final hour because it's distressing for them, it's even said some know what is to happen. I stayed with my cats and held them when they were put to sleep.  I felt so guilty too, but there was nothing more to be done for them and they were both a good old age when they died.

I dunno why I'm telling you this, but it doesn't make sense Raven that you couldn't go down to the pen with Dageus if he was obviously so distressed, just to settle him down.

You wrote that at 9.45 so the operation will be over by now and he'll be recovering.  He'll feel so much better soon, we know ourselves nothing worse than bloody toothache !  Look forward to seeing more photos of him  :upvote:

Ashy

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 01, 2022, 12:17:46 PMThe vets encourage people to stay with their pets at their final hour because it's distressing for them, it's even said some know what is to happen. I stayed with my cats and held them when they were put to sleep.  I felt so guilty too, but there was nothing more to be done for them and they were both a good old age when they died.

One of our Yorkies had to be put to sleep after we took her to the vet, for what we thought would be for some treatment, during the first Covid lockdown.

Not being with her at the end of her life is something that haunts me on a daily basis.

I hope Dageus is ok.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Nurse just phoned, he had 3 teeth out. OMG 3. [1100] Poor thing, they were only talking about the one.
He's awake but not very happy, we are both going in at 4.20pm to have a talk with the vet then take him home.

That's The Hairy One home again. Poor souls like a drunk man staggering about. He's on soft food for 2 weeks, no chews, biscuits ect. Good job I got plenty of eggs, pasta and rice in.
He goes back to see the vet on Monday just for a quick check up. But I'm so glad he's back.

Ashy

Poor old dog, that's rotten luck but he'll get over it. :upvote:

Raven

Thanks Ashy. He's just polished off a bowl of pasta and 2 scrambled eggs through it, a good night's sleep will help him a lot.....I hope.

Diasi

At least you've got him back home where he belongs & he'll soon adapt to having a few less teeth.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Raven on September 01, 2022, 03:20:42 PMHe goes back to see the vet on Monday just for a quick check up.

Good luck with that then 😃😃😃
So glad he's home  :upvote:

Michael Rolls

So glad to hear he is home, Raven - give him a pat from me
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]