Amazon must be coining it in

Started by klondike, November 22, 2022, 09:57:18 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

None of my recent purchases have been delivered by Amazon themselves - 2 from DPD 1 from Royal Mail and another 3 coming via Royal Mail today. 

DPD seem to have slipped to the Evri level. The last one was dumped on the step and by the time I got to the door the bloke was heading off into the sunset with the package (a phone) which arrived a day late left on the doorstep. I can see why though - the tracking showed  he was making 40 drops an hour. The delivery info said left in rear porch which I don't even have.

Diasi

We must be lucky as all our delivery drivers are spot on, maybe living in a very small town in a rural area helps.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

One of the Amazon deliveries just got dropped off by RM. That one is a day earlier than suggested but at least RM tell you by email when there is an Amazon delivery coming. The other two are smaller and will come by the normal postman I expect.

Scrumpy

I don't have any problems with deliveries.. I can check where the delivery is.. They tell me when it has been delivered .. and they put it in my front porch as directed..
Also.. they are nice friendly guys..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

We don't usually have problems with the delivery guys. The same ones have been coming to us for ages and they know where to put packets if nobody's around. It's only if we get a new or relief driver that any problems arise. For a start they can't find us, for some reason they seem to think we live in the village a couple of miles away instead of up the farm track. :rolleyes: Then they are greeted by the 2 Watch Clydes who can make a lot of noise if strangers arrive, minus apple slices or carrot sticks for them. :rofl:

Alex

My deliveries are ok most of the time, apart from package left on the step in pouring rain. I wouldn't mind but I was sat in the kitchen, next to the front door and they DID NOT ring the bell or knock.  I think that was Yodel

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on November 22, 2022, 01:51:45 PMMy deliveries are ok most of the time, apart from package left on the step in pouring rain. I wouldn't mind but I was sat in the kitchen, next to the front door and they DID NOT ring the bell or knock.  I think that was Yodel

That happened to me in the UK too Alex. Some schematic plot no doubt by either a lazy or over-worked individual driver. That was Amazon - normally the standard bearer of delivery logistics. Here all couriers are excellent (so far), but I buy less online now as shopping in so many small independent outlets is an enjoyable experience still.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

I recently ordered a 12 foot pole from Amazon and the tracking information was first class, it showed it being dispatched from a warehouse in China and registered at different places on its way from one airport to another and finally from the local depot to my door.

The package was about three feet long so I returned it.

Scrumpy

You need at least 6ft when doing a bit of pole dancing..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on November 22, 2022, 03:35:15 PMI recently ordered a 12 foot pole from Amazon and the tracking information was first class, it showed it being dispatched from a warehouse in China and registered at different places on its way from one airport to another and finally from the local depot to my door.

The package was about three feet long so I returned it.
Perhaps it could have comprised four, three-feet long poles, screwable together?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

I don't know, I never opened the parcel.