George Galloway

Started by muddy, March 01, 2024, 06:06:26 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 03, 2024, 08:17:51 AMI'd accept the result if I felt it was genuinely democratic.  Nigel doesn't seem to think so. Postal votes were over 40%. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1872818/nigel-farage-george-galloway-rochdale-postal-voting
It matters not if 100% of the votes were postal.

Postal voting is part of the voting system & was brought in by Labour.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Do you agree with postal voting as it stands today Phil  ?

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on March 04, 2024, 01:12:40 PMDo you agree with postal voting as it stands today Phil  ?
I didn't agree when Labour introduced it, as a right for everyone, in 2001, but most of Labour's seats had strong Asian communities which is why they did it, in my opinion.

If voter fraud has got George Galloway elected then the voting where every Labour MP in an Asian community was elected should be checked.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

There's a lot of fuss about him but without the press stirring things up what one bloke does is pretty irrelevant.

March 04, 2024, 01:23:21 PM
Quote from: Diasi on March 04, 2024, 01:19:04 PMmost of Labour's seats had strong Asian communities which is why they did it, in my opinion.
And why I suggested the other day that when they form the next government they'll give it a close look if it seems to have harmed their chances next time around.

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on March 04, 2024, 01:19:04 PMI didn't agree when Labour introduced it, as a right for everyone, in 2001, but most of Labour's seats had strong Asian communities which is why they did it, in my opinion.

If voter fraud has got George Galloway elected then the voting where every Labour MP in an Asian community was elected should be checked.
No surprise that Labour brought in postal voting.  They may be corrupt, but they're not stupid!
Ever since Brown, they have been desperate to get back in power and, thanks to stupid voters, probably will be this year.
I find it very sad that only a minority of people (at least that's what the press assures us) will vote for the only political party which might manage to reverse the problems we have accrued since 1990.

Sadly, it will not occur to most British people that we had a chance, but chose not to take it, until it is too late!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

When they find George is all hot air he will be out .

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on March 04, 2024, 01:31:02 PMI find it very sad that only a minority of people (at least that's what the press assures us) will vote for the only political party which might manage to reverse the problems we have accrued since 1990.

Sadly, it will not occur to most British people that we had a chance, but chose not to take it, until it is too late!
Well, as I've said on many occasions, I'm an actual paying member of the Reform Party, not just a supporter, so they'll be getting my vote if we have a Reform candidate in our constituency.

However, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get a single seat so in reality all I'm doing is voting for the right to say "Well I told you so!"

But on the flip side other people will probably say to me "Your vote for Reform has given us a Labour Government!".
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on March 05, 2024, 06:07:51 PMWell, as I've said on many occasions, I'm an actual paying member of the Reform Party, not just a supporter, so they'll be getting my vote if we have a Reform candidate in our constituency.

However, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get a single seat so in reality all I'm doing is voting for the right to say "Well I told you so!"

But on the flip side other people will probably say to me "Your vote for Reform has given us a Labour Government!".
That, of course, is simply a ruse by the Conservatives, who Reform would logically replace, to try to persuade people not to vote for Labour.

We must be aware that most British people who do vote for Labour are either rather lacking in the intelligence stakes or muslim (or both).

klondike

With the current polling it's true to say vote Conservative get Labour.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 05, 2024, 09:14:46 PMWith the current polling it's true to say vote Conservative get Labour.
Actually, vote Conservative, get Liberals.

klondike

Whatever you vote you'll get a Labour government.

GrannyMac

Certainly will round here.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I reckon less than 100 of the 630 will send back a Tory. Unless the muslim stuff continues but that isn't likely to let a Tory in.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 06, 2024, 03:34:50 PMWhatever you vote you'll get a Labour government.
I look forward to it with interest.

In four or five years, I wonder what everyone who voted for them will be saying.

They say that we live and learn.  Well, some of us do.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on March 06, 2024, 06:52:44 PMI look forward to it with interest.

In four or five years, I wonder what everyone who voted for them will be saying.

They say that we live and learn.  Well, some of us do.
At 80 in June I may not find out.
[email protected]