George Galloway

Started by muddy, March 01, 2024, 06:06:26 AM

« previous - next »

muddy

The people of Rochdale have voted in George Galloway .
They have the candidate they deserve .

GrannyMac

He's what is known as a chancer.  From my hometown. 🙄
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 01, 2024, 07:17:40 AMHe's what is known as a chancer.  From my hometown. 🙄
Well Rochdale certainly didn't deserve any of the other candidates.

If George Galloway could be cloned he'd take a lot of seats in the North.

He'd have my vote.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

muddy

Diasi

Quote from: muddy on March 01, 2024, 08:44:46 AMWhy ?
Why what?

Please ask a specific question & I'll answer it.

George Galloway's victory speech was an absolute cracker as he can tell it as it is without fear of losing his own whip.

Lol.  :grin:

I have no doubt that the Westminster weasels are already working on some trumped-up reason for getting him chucked out of Parliament as soon as possible.

However, I doubt that any of them are clever enough to be able to do it as Galloway is street-wise smart & that always outbids academic smartness.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

Quote from: 1955vintage on March 01, 2024, 09:40:19 AMVideo: George Galloway pretends to be a cat in cringeworthy CBB episode | Daily Mail Online

Sums him up.
You do realise that CBB is deliberately scripted & produced for morons to think that it's real.

I do think the £thousands he got for going along with it was the reason he took part.
[email protected]

klondike

I was more interested in the independent who came second. Seemed he is a well known local businessman who campaigned on local issues.

https://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/news/01032024-david-tully-who-is-the-surprise-dark-horse-of-the-rochdale-by-election/

Gorgeous George had a stonking win.
Reform are probably disappointed with their poor result. I've no idea how good or bad their candidate was. The margin for losing a deposit is 5% so at least they didn't have that humiliation.

Workers Party George Galloway 12,335 39.7 N/A
Independent David Tully 6,638 21.3 N/A
Conservative Paul Ellison 3,731 12.0 Decrease 19.2
Labour  Azhar Ali 2,402 7.7 Decrease 43.9
Liberal Democrats Iain Donaldson 2,164 7.0 Steady
Reform UK Simon Danczuk 1,968 6.3 Decrease 1.9
Independent William Howarth 523 1.7 N/A
Independent Mark Coleman 455 1.5 N/A
Green Guy Otten 436 1.4 Decrease 0.7
Independent Michael Howarth 246 0.8 N/A
Monster Raving Loony Ravin Rodent Subortna 209 0.7 N/A
Majority 5,697
Turnout 31,107 39.7 Decrease 20.4

Low turnout

Alex

So the election of an MP in the north of England has been decided by a war over two thousand miles away !   He even said "this is for Gaza" in his speech.    We now know how the muslim vote can change UK politics.

klondike

This is a story on the Lee Anderson affair. I read it on my phone in bed putting off dragging my sorry self out of my pit.

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/29/lee-andersons-critics-are-not-being-honest-about-sadiq-khans-failure-to-condemn-the-antisemitism-flooding-londons-streets/

This bit in it caught my eye. It's about Khan but the same will surely apply in the next General election

To more easily stay in power, Candidate Khan does want and need the Muslim vote: as of the 2021 census, Greater London is now 15% Muslim, with 1,318,755 such inhabitants residing in the capital in a wonderfully diverse and vibrant fashion. Various U.K. Muslim groups now openly boast of their collective bloc-voting power. But while traditionally overwhelmingly more likely to vote for Labour than for any other British political party (unless George Galloway and his magic hat are in town), the number of Muslims showing support for Labour has recently been dropping significantly, due to the Shadow Cabinet's vacillating failure to call for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.

The next vote to decide who will become London Mayor comes as soon as May 2nd; undoubtedly, therefore, Khan will not wish to alienate the substantial local Muslim and Leftist voter-base at the moment by doing anything so ridiculous as defending Israel or condemning all those pesky hate-marches. In January and February, Survation carried out a poll for the Labour Muslim Network, finding that 85% of British Muslims said the specific position of political parties on the Israel-Hamas conflict would help decide the destination of their vote, i.e., they won't vote for those who explicitly support the Israelis.

I'm unsure exactly what difference this will make but I am sure that the composition of our next Parliament will be impacted by a conflict 3,000 miles away that is outside of our control and frankly none of our business.

GrannyMac

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 01, 2024, 10:29:40 AMThis is a story on the Lee Anderson affair. I read it on my phone in bed putting off dragging my sorry self out of my pit.

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/29/lee-andersons-critics-are-not-being-honest-about-sadiq-khans-failure-to-condemn-the-antisemitism-flooding-londons-streets/

I'm unsure exactly what difference this will make but I am sure that the composition of our next Parliament will be impacted by a conflict 3,000 miles away that is outside of our control and frankly none of our business.
I had heard of, but never really taken any notice of the 'Daily Sceptic'.  I shall make an effort to follow its publications in future.  They seem both down to earth and also mildly amusing!

More importantly, what you say about the composition of our next Parliament being influenced by something which is really nothing to do with us is very telling.  Clearly, the thousands, apparently mainly white British, in Londonistan with their red, white and green flags waving as they parade about telling us to kill all Jews is a demonstration of how easily-led our supposedly adult voters are likely to influence our future this year.

The really sad thing is that those who do vote for people who appear to be a real threat to our country and our freedom are too stupid to work out the eventual consequences for us all, including themselves of course.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on March 01, 2024, 03:45:46 PMI had heard of, but never really taken any notice of the 'Daily Sceptic'.  I shall make an effort to follow its publications in future.
Politics is unusual for them. Many articles are on net zero and vaccine harms. It started life as lockdownsceptics.

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on March 01, 2024, 03:45:46 PMI had heard of, but never really taken any notice of the 'Daily Sceptic'.  I shall make an effort to follow its publications in future.  They seem both down to earth and also mildly amusing!

More importantly, what you say about the composition of our next Parliament being influenced by something which is really nothing to do with us is very telling.  Clearly, the thousands, apparently mainly white British, in Londonistan with their red, white and green flags waving as they parade about telling us to kill all Jews is a demonstration of how easily-led our supposedly adult voters are likely to influence our future this year.

The really sad thing is that those who do vote for people who appear to be a real threat to our country and our freedom are too stupid to work out the eventual consequences for us all, including themselves of course.
Well said JBR. 

muddy