Truss Resigns

Started by Alex, October 14, 2022, 07:44:09 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

It seems they're not going to allow the members to vote, IF the MPs only put one name forward.  :rolleyes: 

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 20, 2022, 05:26:38 PMIt seems they're not going to allow the members to vote, IF the MPs only put one name forward.  :rolleyes: 
Yes, that what my MP said would happen, it's the only way of getting round the rules legally.

It's to prevent us plebs from voting for the wrong leader again.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

What is in their plan to stop the plebs voting for the wrong party next time though  :?:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 20, 2022, 06:05:36 PMWhat is in their plan to stop the plebs voting for the wrong party next time though  :?:
The current crop aren't bright enough to think about that.

Mind you, Labour are doing the same thing on a larger scale as some candidates who are wanted by the local members are being banned from standing as Labour candidates.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I find it all rather depressing

Scrumpy

There is a plan in their madness.. 
I seriously believe that remainers are plotting..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Maybe they should take the best from each party and get them to work together for the good of the country. Not for themselves to look after their own interests.
Seemingly it worked during the last war.

klondike

Why do we ask ourselves why the Russian people don't do something about Putin? We seem to put up with any old crap from our own politicians. We moan. Everybody moans. Sod all gets done.

Raven

I think the Russian people are afraid, if someone speaks out they tend to disappear.  :boo:
Us on the other hand, well now, draw your own conclusions.😉
You wouldn't like mine so I'm saying nowt.  :evil:

Scrumpy

I suppose we could storm Parliament..

What about this Saturday..!! I can do it after twelve..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on October 20, 2022, 07:13:39 PMWhy do we ask ourselves why the Russian people don't do something about Putin? We seem to put up with any old crap from our own politicians. We moan. Everybody moans. Sod all gets done.
Russians like Mr Putin perhaps

klondike

He has full rather than just partial control of the media which doubtless helps.

Alex

8pm 20/10/2022
Johnson now sitting at 38 backers with Sunak at 27 and Mordaunt with 12

Still 280 MPs to declare their support

I think they want to make it look like a fair choice, but I think they already know who will be the next PM :boo:

October 20, 2022, 08:56:47 PM
https://order-order.com/2022/10/20/whos-backing-who-the-spreadsheet-returns/

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2022, 07:08:39 PMThere is a plan in their madness..
I seriously believe that remainers are plotting..
Of course they are.

I can't find my post but I said, either here or int'other place, that the current situation started on the 24th June 2016 after 52% of the voters were stupid enough to vote to leave the EU.

Followed by Tory Party members being stupid enough to vote for two leaders that the Remainers didn't want.
[email protected]