EU to Africa tunnel

Started by Alex, May 05, 2024, 07:46:12 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Plans for £6billion underwater tunnel to make travel between Europe and Africa easier is on the cards.  Yes, thats all we need I know, but officials hope that the tunnel might be completed in time for the 2030 FIFA World Cup, which is being jointly hosted by Spain, Portugal and Morocco. :nooo:

Source Independent, Daily Mirror

Scrumpy

Trouble is it won't be One Way..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 06, 2024, 07:28:08 PMTrouble is it won't be One Way..
On the contrary, I suspect that it will definitely be one-way:

Africa to Spain.  A very convenient route for the invaders,
and they won't stop in Spain, or France either.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: JBR on May 06, 2024, 08:16:35 PMOn the contrary, I suspect that it will definitely be one-way:

Africa to Spain.  A very convenient route for the invaders,
and they won't stop in Spain, or France either.

You are right.. of course.. I got my routes muddled.. :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

There was a lot of talk a couple of years back about a road tunnel from the West Coast of Scotland to Ireland. Wonder what happened, seems to have vanished like the morning mist.

dextrous63

Quote from: Raven on May 07, 2024, 10:46:51 AMThere was a lot of talk a couple of years back about a road tunnel from the West Coast of Scotland to Ireland. Wonder what happened, seems to have vanished like the morning mist.
Too deep I think.  Or was the munitions lobbed into the sea after WW2 that they were worried about?

dextrous63

Anyway, back to topic.

I think it'd be a great idea to build one of those vacuumed tunnels with electromagnetically accelerated train pod thingies that have been milling around over the last few years.  Wouldn't have to be as long a tube as you'd think.  Just sufficient with a suitable final incline for gravitational escape velocity to be achieved😬😉