The Crown Season 6

Started by klondike, December 14, 2023, 08:08:54 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Will be making a start on this. It's a continuation of the Dianna years. Doubtless a load of made up tosh. Probably different made up tosh from the made up tosh we heard at the time.

Michael Rolls

TBH I can't image a programme that I would want to watch less
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Being on Season 6 says millions must disagree with you  :x2:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 15, 2023, 04:31:54 AMTBH I can't image a programme that I would want to watch less
Not for me either, but my friend loves it.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I find it quite watchable if not one of my favourite series. 

I'm more into the police stuff like Shetland, Vera, Lewis, Line of Duty, Endevour, etc. I imagine Mike is too as the stories he wrote are along those lines. I downloaded all the Silent Witnesses and and going though those. Not past the Amanda Burton era yet. I still have a few Midsomer Murders left but I'm up to the not very believable woke era that finished it off with every episode including mixed marriage couples, gays etc. and I've not watched one in a month or more now. One advantage of being senile is I'll be able to rewatch them all in a while and not remember whodunnit.

Scrumpy

I don't watch it.. Very popular though.. My friends and family never mention it..
I wonder what age group watch the most.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I watched a bit of the first part, it must have been when I had a telly licence  :smiley: Too many police dramas on for me to bother with this really, but it is popular.

JBR

Marge and I are watching it right now.
It's just coming to the bit where the Queen's sister, Margaret, is becoming ill following a stroke, no doubt because she smoked like a chimney.
The Queen is demonstrated as being a very clever person.  Margaret was about to mention something embarrassing, and Queenie very effectively sidetracked the direction of the story.

I don't think we'll see such an excellent monarch as her ever again.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on December 15, 2023, 07:08:21 AMBeing on Season 6 says millions must disagree with you  :x2:
There are two opinions on any matter - mine and the wrong one! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ruthio

Quote from: JBR on December 15, 2023, 07:38:41 PMMarge and I are watching it right now.
It's just coming to the bit where the Queen's sister, Margaret, is becoming ill following a stroke, no doubt because she smoked like a chimney.
The Queen is demonstrated as being a very clever person.  Margaret was about to mention something embarrassing, and Queenie very effectively sidetracked the direction of the story.

I don't think we'll see such an excellent monarch as her ever again.
I just read that of all the carp and total fabrication this series contains (youngsters believe it but oldies know better) Leslie Manville is utterly superb as Margaret 

JBR

Quote from: Ruthio on December 18, 2023, 11:18:27 AMI just read that of all the carp and total fabrication this series contains (youngsters believe it but oldies know better) Leslie Manville is utterly superb as Margaret
I'm sure that there must be some exaggeration or even fabrication along the way, as who on earth except for the Queen knew the truth about every little thing?

I look forward to future episodes (if indeed they are ever produced) in which Harold upsets the apple cart and leaves the Royal Family and, of course, this country... in disgrace?

JBR

I'd just like to add that Charlie-boy's marriage with Camilla taking place in York Minster came as quite a surprise to me!  I thought all of these things were done in Londonistan.
Oh, and for those who didn't notice, that blue carpet wasn't laid correctly in the middle of the choir.  Noticeably off-centre.