Illya Kuryakin

Started by Alex, September 21, 2023, 12:40:18 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

It's what he would have wanted.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on September 26, 2023, 04:57:33 PMI guess so.

To my mind it isn't quite how long you last but how long you can remain independent followed by a swift exit.

Bit morbid I guess.

So redolent of how some of former clients led their lives somehow, on the beach today, in the clink tomorrow :wink:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 27, 2023, 09:07:09 AMHow very strange it all is.. Sam must have known something.. He put all his finances in order a few months before he died.. 53.
 I'm going to have a donut today.. sod it..
My father used to sign his carer's timesheet every Sunday a week in advance.  One Sunday, he said he'd just sign it up until the following Thursday.  He died on that Thursday.

klondike

Spooky

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 18, 2023, 08:39:50 AMMy father used to sign his carer's timesheet every Sunday a week in advance.  One Sunday, he said he'd just sign it up until the following Thursday.  He died on that Thursday.
Yes, very strange.
It is not uncommon, I believe, for people in old age to be able to accurately predict the time of their death.

In less than good health, although aged only 71, I sometimes wonder when my time will come, particularly on a 'not too good' day.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Following a change to my medication ('maybe' effects were pre-warned) I have felt most odd all today, indeed and couldn't get up off the sofa (room was spinning) until Annie looked in.

At one stage when I attempted the vertical I did wonder, is this how it starts?

dextrous63

Cass, I'm reminded of Bob Monkhouse coming out with this joke shortly before he died...

https://youtu.be/BTUvRW7gtGU?si=M3ebFI_rMLe5N0Ll

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 18, 2023, 10:29:33 PMCass, I'm reminded of Bob Monkhouse coming out with this joke shortly before he died...

Its like Spike Milligan's last epithet. On his Gravestone are these words

"I told you I was ill"

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 18, 2023, 10:29:33 PMCass, I'm reminded of Bob Monkhouse coming out with this joke shortly before he died...

A very funny and brave man, my father appeared for him a couple of times I recall and was always impressed with his perfect recall of meetings past and what had been said etc.

dextrous63

Quote from: Cassandra on October 19, 2023, 05:41:40 PMA very funny and brave man, my father appeared for him a couple of times I recall and was always impressed with his perfect recall of meetings past and what had been said etc.
He had one heck of a memory.  As well as his comedic profession, I recall him presenting Celebrity Squares, and a regular slot of the show was asking him for World Records from the Guinness Book of..

He had a near perfect recall of those too.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on October 18, 2023, 10:17:53 PMFollowing a change to my medication ('maybe' effects were pre-warned) I have felt most odd all today, indeed and couldn't get up off the sofa (room was spinning) until Annie looked in.

At one stage when I attempted the vertical I did wonder, is this how it starts?
Nah!! I bloody hope not.. I often come over all funny.. and a bit dizzy..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 19, 2023, 06:39:00 PMHe had one heck of a memory.  As well as his comedic profession, I recall him presenting Celebrity Squares, and a regular slot of the show was asking him for World Records from the Guinness Book of..

He had a near perfect recall of those too.

Yes my dad had something to do with a dispute over his intellectual rights to many of the gags he'd written. He reeled them off hundreds of them with perfection apparently.