eating a meal ,

Started by alfred, January 20, 2022, 08:18:02 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Although years ago many families sat round a table as they  ate their meals but today i wonder if many now sit in an armchair and eat off a tray instead.

of course sitting around a table meant that you sat upright where as eating off a tray means it isn't good for your posture better still your stomach being  slightly bent over ,

so how do you enjoy your meals at the table or sitting in an armchair with a tray,
as usual it'll make interesting reading,

i must confess although we have a table and chairs  our tendency is to sit in an armchair with a tray. no dought  its wrong but its quicker than setting up the table and chairs , so i guess were lazy,

Scrumpy

I sit at my kitchen table .. Which becomes my dinning table when we have a 'Do'..
If I was to eat sitting on the sofa.. Most of the meal would end up on the sofa..
Just imagine spilling coffee/ wine/ over the sofa.!! :shocked: :shocked:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

I'm afraid we sit with our food on our knees watching tv.  We got rid of our dining table and chairs this year when we had the wall knocked down between the kitchen and the dining room.  We have a breakfast bar with stools but don't use it very much.

We used to do quite a bit of entertaining but don't do much now.

Scrumpy

Shelia.. Some of us still have friends..  :tongue: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

always eat at the table - kitchen table if alone or with one other, dining table for three or more. I find slouching on a chair or settee and eating gives me chronic indigestion
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

-Oy-

I usually eat at my big computer deask. So as far as posture goes it's like sitting at the table.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

I eat at the kitchen table, it's where my laptop lives too.    :grin:

klondike

Laptops and tea don't mix. Says the bloke with a cup right next to his... :shocked:

crabbyob

i also eat where my laptop sits...
i replace one with the other..lol

Wandering Walter

Quote from: alfred on January 20, 2022, 08:18:02 AM
Although years ago many families sat round a table as they  ate their meals but today i wonder if many now sit in an armchair and eat off a tray instead.

of course sitting around a table meant that you sat upright where as eating off a tray means it isn't good for your posture better still your stomach being  slightly bent over ,

so how do you enjoy your meals at the table or sitting in an armchair with a tray,
as usual it'll make interesting reading,

i must confess although we have a table and chairs  our tendency is to sit in an armchair with a tray. no dought  its wrong but its quicker than setting up the table and chairs , so i guess were lazy,

Wife and I sit at the kitchen most times if she is home from work early enough, when family and friends come to for a meal in the front room , if in the summer on the patio especially if there is more than eight of us more room