PF uk

Started by crabbyob, December 28, 2021, 10:46:15 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

TBH I think Chris must have upset quite a few PF posters as I've never seen this place so busy. I'd just like to say thank you all for your show of support.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 29, 2021, 12:40:06 PM
TBH I think Chris must have upset quite a few PF posters as I've never seen this place so busy. I'd just like to say thank you all for your show of support.

Your Welcome,  :grin:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on December 28, 2021, 01:55:01 PM
What did you say  ?
What did you say?

I just told him that I loved him and could he email me... :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I did too. You can never be sure...

Akbuk

What has/did surprise me was, the debate on what's happening & what to do about it being shut down each time the subject came up.
I did see Chris's response basically that arguments would develop. My take on that is, we're all grown up people & if like me you value PF, there's no need for arguments.....the need is to fix the problem & nothing else.

Alex

He locked my thread, but I didn't get "sanctioned "  [2040]

klondike

I think he was in gamekeeper mode. Not sure who asked others to contact them via the forum. There was obviously some outside the forum because we had others emails already.

Reminds me - I bet my email has gon from my PF profile now. I'll have a look.

Actually it hasn't - missed a trick there old chap  :smiley:

Countryman

Quote from: crabbyob on December 29, 2021, 12:13:27 PM
Chris has come in weilding a stick accusing certain folks of recruiting or even poaching, and is now monitoring those members, who invited you,

I can understand Chris's concerns if he sees multiple posts on another forum that normally would have been on his forum. However, wielding a big stick, banning/moderating members is not the answer. I have belonged to another forum for over 20 years and several members have their own forum links in their signature. This has never been a problem. Would it be unethical if my neighbour read The Mail and I suggested he read The Express as well? One of my members started his own forum and PMd people to join it. We lost a couple of people, so what? Members come and go for many reasons. We don't own and control them. I am  happy for people to drop by and post whenever they can. As for this ridiculous censoring system, my members often use other characters to get round it - even a hyphen will do! We can't even use cracked, but crack is acceptable. Madness.