To all you Irish

Started by muddy, March 17, 2024, 07:40:28 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

They, along with the Welsh, certainly know how to sing..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Silver Tabby

Been in a pub, drinking draught Guinness, listening to seanchaithe tales, and singing rebel songs!

Totally banjaxed now - going to put my Shamrock in a glass of water - then heading to bed! 

Good night, God Bless,

Scrumpy

Good for you.. Sounds wonderful..

Diasi

It's to be hoped that the English don't fall into the trap of celebrating St George's Day & flying our flag, which is regarded with as much affection as the KKK flags.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on March 18, 2024, 09:42:38 AMIt's to be hoped that the English don't fall into the trap of celebrating St George's Day & flying our flag, which is regarded with as much affection as the KKK flags.

I just read in the Express that a shop owner in Londonistan has been told to remove a Union Flag from the front of his shop.
It has begun.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on March 18, 2024, 10:59:43 AMIt has begun.
What reading the Express?
It's a slippery slope. It'll be the Mail next. Then onto the hardcore such as the Sun. Never sink to the Sport though. There is no cure for that.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 18, 2024, 11:06:00 AMWhat reading the Express?
It's a slippery slope. It'll be the Mail next. Then onto the hardcore such as the Sun. Never sink to the Sport though. There is no cure for that.
The only newspaper I regularly read is the only one which reports news in any competent and unbiased fashion.

The Express is one which seems to appear in my newsfeed (probably because I once read it), so I have a quick look at the matters mentioned in case there is something worth reading.  Even so, I am fully aware that the reports will be unprofessional and often inaccurate.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Silver Tabby

Quote from: Diasi on March 18, 2024, 09:42:38 AMIt's to be hoped that the English don't fall into the trap of celebrating St George's Day & flying our flag, which is regarded with as much affection as the KKK flags.

Several people here fly St Georges flag, and the Yorkshire flag on 1st August.  I always fly my triclour on St Patricks Day and, so far, there have been no objections.

Alex

I'd be a bit nervous to raise the English flag on my house because I have quite a few ' foreign' young men living nearby. I don't know where they came from or who they are, better safe than sorry.

Scrumpy

How bloody sad is that...

Silver Tabby

klondike

I have a flagpole in the back. It was at the caravan and I brought it back home. It flies either the Union or England flag most of the time. I have a different one which flies in November for Armistice.

Silver Tabby

I think flags are fun.   There is a house down the road that flies a "Welcome Santa" flag each Christmas, and the local pet shop flies the "Skull and Crossbones" on Hallowe'en.