Strike..!! strike..!!!

Started by Scrumpy, August 23, 2022, 12:46:11 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 24, 2022, 04:02:34 PMWe're heading for a general strike, at least that's what the Morning Star would like.  I'm a working lass girl, my Dad was a brickie and some winters he didn't have any work, so I know what it's like to have nowt.
My heart is backing the unions, but my head AT THIS TIME isn't.
If there is a General Strike, it will mean a General election and the Tories will be out.
I'd like to think that the majority of voters have the intelligence to see that the Labour supporting Unions are causing strikes to topple the Government & that Labour will pay the price.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Maybe but Heath got booted out of power on a "who rules government or unions" campaign. Don't forget that very few voting will have seen a full on Labour government. Blair/Brown got away with their financial lunacy on the back of the banks even bigger lunacy.

How long will Starmer last as Labour leader? I haven't kept up but I expect that the same rules that made Corbyn leader are still in place.

Phil you should be able to tell us if enough labour membership votes are there to put a Marxist at the helm.