blissfully happy,

Started by alfred, April 03, 2022, 08:37:07 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Way back in time i seem to remember seeing my late mother for ever wearing an apron, and other mothers wearing a hair net ,  Saturday nights for the lucky ones usually meant a night out going either to the pub or the cinema,  i don't suppose many mothers were lucky enough to go out to a restaurant , and if they did  most likely saw other ladies mums, or girl friends, wearing for some was the latest dress  to be seen out  in,

so comparing the differences between then as now were people more

of course in those times rarely did any one own a phone as in those days for a person having one installed meant that you had to have a shared line as then having a private line would have been very expensive,

most people if they were luck most likely had a motor bike and a side car
it was rare to see the owner of a car ,

today by contrast almost every one carries either a smart phone or a basic phone , and the latest trend is that more people are going back to the basic phone as they realise just how much time they spend looking at a smart phone as they walk down the high street almost bumping into people as they stare into their phones, more cars than motor bikes are everywhere and at times finding a parking spot is lucky as the best places seem to be snapped up unless you go to a car park where the parking charges aren't cheap either ,

so its not surprising that the humble bike is for in favour and where their are cycle lanes this is great for many cyclists,
so in the past were people more happy living in a sort of bliss world where as today life as we now it is very different from the past ,
which do you prefer , then or now , what with all the price hikes that seem to be going up for ever . as then price didn't rise anywhere like they do today,

Q; what memories will you share with us of then and now . im sure the comparisons will make interesting reading ,

klondike

Back in those days there were few calls on the family purse for anything beyond the normal needs to live. Most of the electrical gizmos we own today simply were not invented. The man worked the wife kept home and looked after the children.

Then came labour saving gadgets. They did save labour. The trouble was to pay for them the wife needed a part time job. Then came cars and affordable foreign holidays. Well affordable if both worked full time anyway. So now unless a benefits couple both partners work and any offspring are farmed out. Slowly the family becomes less important. Finding a child in school with both parents working and still living together is probably a rarity. Finding brother and sister with the same father likewise.

Still everybody has a nice mobile and holiday these days. Even if some of those mobiles are stolen and some of the holidays at Her Majestie's pleasure.

It's a different world for sure.

crabbyob

it was a friends birthday so i bought her a nice card, but as i needed to post it i also required a stamp...lol... so like a fool i bought a book of stamps, "HOW MUCH?"... i had to pay by debit card...lol... all thru my childhood postage was  tuppeny-halfpenny stamp...

Alex

I remember my Mum & Dad having a Saturday night at the Labour Club, my Granny who lived in the same street used to look after me.   One night we were all playing in the street and I ran into the house (nobody locked doors back then) for something and switched on the 'parlour' light, I turned round to see a strange woman standing in the doorway.  She'd mistaken our light for the pub opposite, I left her standing in our 'parlour' while I ran for my Gran.   It's so strange how some incidents can be so clear in my mind but I struggle to remember what I did on Friday  :grin: :grin:  Sorry for the ramble......

crabbyob

this is a ramblers paradice Alex.. :smug:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]