Paddy and Mick take a tumble

Started by klondike, February 28, 2023, 08:31:11 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Muhammad Becomes Most Popular Baby Name in Irish City

Muhammad was the most popular baby name in Galway, Ireland's fourth-largest city, last year, the country's government has confirmed.

A report released by Ireland's Central Statistics Office (CSO) on Friday has revealed that "Muhammad" has risen to become the most popular name for newborn babies in one of the country's major cities.

The statistic sees Ireland join the likes of France, England, Sweden, and many other European countries, which have all seen the popularity of the name surge amid record immigration from Islamic countries over the last two-to-three decades.

It now appears that Ireland is on the same path as its European neighbours as it pursues mass migration policies, with Muhammad now reported to be Galway City's most popular baby name of 2022, beating out last year's winners of Michael and Liam.

What's more, this statistic only appears to be counting one spelling of the name, with variations such as "Mohammad" being registered as separate names by the CSO in the data they have made available to the general public.

British statistics bodies admit to pulling a similar trick to minimise the true rise in the name's popularity.

The success of Muhammad in the popularity rankings puts Ireland in line with many of its European neighbours, with Sweden, France and Britain all seeing the name and its variations become extremely popular in many regions across the last number of years.

England and Wales in particular have seen the name become extremely popular, with the combination of Muhammad and its many spelling variations becoming the most popular name for newborn baby boys for the majority of the last ten years, including 2021.

Even accounting for spelling variations, Muhammad is nowhere near as popular in Ireland overall as of yet, with the name being eclipsed in popularity by the hundreds of Jacks, Noahs, and James born last year.

Irish-language names also remain extremely popular in the country, with Rían, Oisín, and Tadhg also remaining within the top ten rankings for last year, with Fionn in particular ranking as the second most popular throughout the country when its Anglicised variation "Finn" is taken into account.

There were slightly fewer Gaelic names within the girls' top ten for last year, with Aoife being the only one to make the cut, though Caoimhe, Niamh, Roisín, and Saoirse do still remain extremely popular.

Story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/02/27/muhammad-becomes-most-popular-baby-name-in-irish-city/

Michael Rolls

what can one say, other than  :yell:  :yell:  :yell:  :yell:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

That little baby doesn't look like a muhammed, he is white, probably a Paddy. At least they could put up a picture of a dark skinned muhammed. Poor old Ireland gone down the pan with the rest of us, the buggers are taking over at an alarming rate. 

Alex

Europeans all have their heads in the sand- but why  ? There's no logical explanation why they've allowed this to happen.

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on February 28, 2023, 11:10:41 AMEuropeans all have their heads in the sand- but why  ? There's no logical explanation why they've allowed this to happen.
That is the big question Alex and I have no answer, why why why?????

Cassandra

Quote from: Jacqueline on March 02, 2023, 08:16:17 PMThat is the big question Alex and I have no answer, why why why?????

Because of gutless racially cowered career politicians who enjoy their £87k salaries and malleable expenses, which most of them live on. I attempted to listen to Enoch Powells speech from 1968 but on selecting it from my bookmarks was greeted with:-

Video unavailable
This video contains content from BBC Studios, who has blocked it on copyright grounds0

So there you are the BBC a Govt Body are preventing the people who own them, (their shareholders, the public) from listening to history because in 'their' opinion its unsuitable? Bet you that never applies, ever to anything from the likes of Dawn Abbott, or David Lammy.

However there are still versions available, that the little woke slicks at Broadcasting House haven't got their mitts on yet, or can't block, yet, like this,

You can still get the text,

http://riversofblood.co.uk/

Read, or view it it and like most of us reason how spot on he was 55 years ago. Bit better I would suggest than idiot Hancock's failure Professor (Sir Neil Ferguson) is/was. His Covid predictions were 93% wrong and as a warm up in 2003 on Swine Flue he forecast 65,000 Britains would die. In the end the entire number was 457.

If I got results of that miserable level of failure in my life no one would have employed, yet Blair and Johnson continued to use him, why?, whats his amazing invisible benefit?

Well it was alleged (sic) that he has an amazing aptitude at seeing things the same way as certain politicians and rich bankers seemed to - gosh how amazing.

Bit like a famous valuer in the 70' known as 'Arry the tape'. He was most obliging to secondary bankers getting values just right for them to buoy up their bloated portfolio's, by asking his clients to meet him at the properties in question and holding one end of the tape-ruler, whilst asking 'How much'!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Before COVID Ferguson had history of grossly exaggerated forecasts of doom and gloom, not just swine fever. I never understood why anyone listened to him
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]