Is There a University Degree Course in Talking Bollocks?

Started by Diasi, December 21, 2023, 08:05:27 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

All the so-called top management spokespersons seem to have a degree in it.

Here's how the Boots spokesperson explained the benefits of towns losing their Boots store & pharmacy.

A Boots spokesperson said: "Evolving the store estate in this way allows Boots to concentrate its team members where they are needed and focus investment more acutely in individual stores with the ambition of consistently delivering an excellent and reliable service in a fresh and up-to-date environment."
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

In layman's terms it simply means  
'We are closing stores that are losing US money.. And concentrating on the stores that bring us in mega bucks'

Sorted and it took me less than 30seconds.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

This sort of quasi lingo is an attempt to make themselves feel like they're in a "proper" profession which requires its own language and terminology which is incomprehensible to the layman. 

Doctors, lawyers and accountants are three examples of this, and fair enough since they take a lot of time, effort, practice, guidance and ability to become proficient in.

The Boots fella probably spent a piss-up weekend of inset training developing his/her skills.

JBR

I think rather than attempting to make themselves appear knowledgeable, it is their chosen means of avoiding the statement of truth!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

I think it's usually called "PPE", (Philosophy, politics and economics), and most politicians have one.

GrannyMac

I like the heading 😁😁

I think our local Boots is probably at risk. Hardly any staff, lots of empty shelves etc.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

I suspect the "fresh and up-to-date environment"s  will be "fulfilment centres", aka sweatshop distribution warehouses to cater for online shopping.

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on December 21, 2023, 08:05:27 AMAll the so-called top management spokespersons seem to have a degree in it.

Here's how the Boots spokesperson explained the benefits of towns losing their Boots store & pharmacy.

A Boots spokesperson said: "Evolving the store estate in this way allows Boots to concentrate its team members where they are needed and focus investment more acutely in individual stores with the ambition of consistently delivering an excellent and reliable service in a fresh and up-to-date environment."

Brat management speak, what a load of old cobblers, most today won't read it anyway as they are too thick to select anything other than Smartphone garbage, or else are similarly employed as shillsters peddling such crap anyway.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 21, 2023, 02:01:08 PMI suspect the "fresh and up-to-date environment"s  will be "fulfilment centres", aka sweatshop distribution warehouses to cater for online shopping.
Do Boots sell online? I expect they do but they wouldn't be my first port of call.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 21, 2023, 03:13:56 PMDo Boots sell online? I expect they do but they wouldn't be my first port of call.

Yes they do. I've had a few things from them in the past.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Ashy on December 21, 2023, 01:15:48 PMI think it's usually called "PPE", (Philosophy, politics and economics), and most politicians have one.
which says a lot!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]