Equinox

Started by Michael Rolls, March 18, 2022, 06:18:34 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

occurs today - I always think that we have turned a corner when, at long last, the hours of daylight overtake those of darkness - today the daylight lasts 12 hours and 2 minutes.
Mike  [2090]
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Old news mate. This happened 6 months ago as well as last year. And the year before that.  :grin:

Michael Rolls

You mean it's not news? Shucks!
Mike  [1160]
[email protected]

klondike

It'll still be good news to most.

crabbyob

but why cant it be organised better, i mean who needs extra hours of day-light at six in the morning, it should be added to yer actual afternnons...innit

Raven

Quote from: crabbyob on March 18, 2022, 11:33:01 AM
but why cant it be organised better, i mean who needs extra hours of day-light at six in the morning, it should be added to yer actual afternnons...innit

Err, cough cough. I like it light in the mornings for my drive to the pool, and Himself likes it light so he can get started on whatever job he's doing first.  [2010]

klondike

I thought Farmers worked to the sun and weather anyway. Clocks are irrelevant to them.

Come the summer it's light by 4:00am here. Possibly earlier still in your neck of the woods.

Raven

Hight of summer it's almost never properly dark. But in the winter it can still be dark at 8.30.

Michael Rolls

virtually the same here - once on Skye Veronica and I walked beside a golf course where folk were playing after 2200
MIke
[email protected]