Fridge Freezer

Started by Alex, March 29, 2024, 11:57:34 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

There was a puddle of water on the floor one day last week, it came from the fridge freezer.  I switched it off at the wall and switched it back on again and it seemed to fire up.   It's been running ok since then and as it's a frost free one I've never had to do anything to it.   

My friend was insisting I had to defrost it as an engineer had told her that hers, although also frost free, needed to be turned off for 24 hours and then switched back on.
This morning I got the instruction book out and it says : "Defrosting takes place automatically.  The water flows down to the evaporating tray and is evaporated automatically"    I can't see any tray at the back, I just thought Id check !

This is the interesting bit, the receipt says I bought it from Currys on 23 August 2008  :grin:   It's an LG and I deffo think I've had my money's worth do you ?  :grin:

Silver Tabby

I hope it will OK for you now.  I am one of those idiot optimists that expects these thing to last forever!

klondike

I think they usually have a small tray on top of the compressor. I had a frost free one which was anything but.

Alex

No tray at the bottom the whole back is enclosed, there is a bit that sticks up on top though because I've never been able to store anything on top of it.  It's going ok and has always been a bit noisy, so fingers crossed it'll keep on chugging along - bit like me  :grin:

Scrumpy

My fridge freezer is a SMEG.. She looks nice .. the only pitfall is she needs defrosting.. Bloody hate that job.. But love it when it is done..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

SMEG always reminds me of Red Dwarf. I wonder if it is just a coincidence. I checked and SMEG predate me (just) so certainly predate Red Dwarf.