Iran attacks Israel

Started by Alex, April 13, 2024, 10:22:23 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

We knew it was coming and Iran has launched drones and cruise missiles, they're calling it operation "True Promise" part of punishment for Israeli crimes.   I don't knew anything about missiles or drones,  but Israel has said some missiles have been shot down over Syria, but the drones en route to Israel will arrive at 2 am ? ? ?  Why do they take so long to arrive.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 13, 2024, 10:22:23 PMWe knew it was coming and Iran has launched drones and cruise missiles, they're calling it operation "True Promise" part of punishment for Israeli crimes.  I don't knew anything about missiles or drones,  but Israel has said some missiles have been shot down over Syria, but the drones en route to Israel will arrive at 2 am ? ? ?  Why do they take so long to arrive.
Presumably because they're slow.  Perhaps propellor-driven because of the long range.
They will probably be coming over Iraq, so they may be tracked by both Israel and American troops in Iraq.
Hopefully, they'll be fairly easy to shoot down, though at night it may be more difficult.

If any do arrive in Israel, they will have a perfectly valid reason to retaliate against Iran.
I sincerely hope that Israel (and possibly America) will retaliate and that Tehran will reap the whirlwind.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

It's quite a long way !
Over a thousand miles .

All the more time for Isreal to prepare for them .

I hope the wuck fits that keep calling for stopping arms sales to Israel are hanging  their heads in shame .

And the other WFs who like to slag off Israel   I have to ask

Iran, a country that is 75 times bigger than Israel, is launching hundreds of rockets, and you're still thinking Israel is the oppressor?

Alex

Quote from: JBR on April 13, 2024, 10:35:04 PMPresumably because they're slow.  Perhaps propellor-driven because of the long range.
They will probably be coming over Iraq, so they may be tracked by both Israel and American troops in Iraq.
Hopefully, they'll be fairly easy to shoot down, though at night it may be more difficult.

If any do arrive in Israel, they will have a perfectly valid reason to retaliate against Iran.
I sincerely hope that Israel (and possibly America) will retaliate and that Tehran will reap the whirlwind.

Thanks JBR I couldn't think why missiles have already been shot down, but drones taking hours to arrive even if it is 2,000 miles to Tel Aviv ! 

muddy

The sad thing is that most Iranians support Israel and now the regime is bringing war on their heads.
It is the regime that is evil

muddy

Toronto Canada 

Mob cheering for Iran 

Canada must be so proud 

https://x.com/BenMFreeman/status/1779272895392281069

klondike

I saw a video of them being intercepted

I don't know what the Iron Dome interceptors cost but presumably a lot.

If this continues I can see the Israelis escalating and wiping out the Iranian nuclear facilities because that is what they'll be using once they have them ready.

Scrumpy

They showed a clip of Biden entering a building.. 
The news reader said  'Biden rushes back from holiday'
Poor man .  He certainly wasn't rushing..

Iran.. Israel.. been fighting for yonks..  There is always some skirmish going on in the middle east.. Fed up with the lot of them.. Let them fight it out..
The Ukraine is still at it.. All these (wars) are costing us a bomb..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

ansu

.... let them fight out ....
They are passionate and from one second to the other there could be a conflagration and we may be involved, too. 
On the other side I sometimes think that above all Russia wants the Americans and us to get involved in such a lot of conflicts that we get  fed up with all of them, because they are so expensive. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 14, 2024, 08:03:30 AMI saw a video of them being intercepted

I don't know what the Iron Dome interceptors cost but presumably a lot.

If this continues I can see the Israelis escalating and wiping out the Iranian nuclear facilities because that is what they'll be using once they have them ready.
I'm sure they will do that before Iran are capable of manufacturing a usable nuclear weapon, and if Iran somehow does manage to fire a nuclear warhead to Israel, whether or not it actually creates any damage, Israel will obliterate Iran's capital and, hopefully, its leadership with it.

ansu

Germany ordered an "Iron Dome" last year and as far as I know it nearly costs a fortune, but I hope it will be worth its money. 
I saw a documentary on the Iran some months ago and it seems Iran was one of the most liberal countries in the Near East before the revolution, so I have my doubts whether the Iranians foresaw what they had to expect whe they chased away the Shah.
A nuclear bomb in the hands of the Mullahs could be very dangerous not only for Israel. However, no one knows whether this can be prevented.

JBR

Quote from: ansu on April 14, 2024, 11:25:58 AMGermany ordered an "Iron Dome" last year and as far as I know it nearly costs a fortune, but I hope it will be worth its money.
I saw a documentary on the Iran some months ago and it seems Iran was one of the most liberal countries in the Near East before the revolution, so I have my doubts whether the Iranians foresaw what they had to expect whe they chased away the Shah.
A nuclear bomb in the hands of the Mullahs could be very dangerous not only for Israel. However, no one knows whether this can be prevented.
I agree.  Persia, as it was, was a very civilised country.

As for their acquiring nuclear weapons, I hope that the West is keeping a very close eye on their attempts at developing one.  As soon as we are aware of their 'success', it is essential that we wipe them out.
Not the ordinary Persians, of course; the madmen who now rule the country.

muddy

Amazon will busy this week .
All those marchers having to order new Iranian flags 
And think up a new ditty 
Yes we can 
Hands off Iran 
Or some such idiocy 

dextrous63

A comma would make that ditty way more appropriate...

Hands off, Iran.

muddy

Doncha know it 
I'm not a poet