Who is the greatest PM we never had ?

Started by Alex, February 24, 2022, 02:24:22 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Alex

I'd go for Enoch Powell, just think how different this country would be if he had been PM.   He would have controlled numbers, no doubt about it.

crabbyob

Im not sure about that one Alex.... he didnt say anything we didnt agree with..but where might that line end?...
by now perhaps we might all need genetic tests.... might he have finished at the African gene ?
or gone further  :?:

Michael Rolls

at the time, I though Enoch was right to sound the warning, but that he was over-egging the problem. Just shows what I knew
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on February 25, 2022, 10:23:35 AM
Andrea Leadsom?

Andrea Leadsom.. !!!  Yeah!! That one will do..
So much better than Margaret Thatcher.. :nooo:   :smiley: :smiley:

crabbyob

klondike

I suspect we have fond memories of most precisely because they never did become PM...

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on February 25, 2022, 10:36:29 AM
I'd go for Enoch Powell, just think how different this country would be if he had been PM.   He would have controlled numbers, no doubt about it.

Not if Labour had got in. Migration to the UK rose sharply after 1997. Opening the EU borders has had a huge impact. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/articles/internationalmigrationarecenthistory/2015-01-15
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Enoch Powell was my choice for the best PM we never had.

crabbyob

GrannyMac

Of course if Enoch Powell had become PM, we might never have joined forces with the EU.  He was considered to be an intellectual giant, in the running to take over from Heath, but he shot himself in the foot.  His speech was widely misunderstood and he was labelled racist, he wasn't.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I too think Enoch Powell.. The same speech today would still be heard as racist..  unfortunately...

Jacqueline

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 26, 2022, 10:05:55 AM

I too think Enoch Powell.. The same speech today would still be heard as racist..  unfortunately...

It should be heard as "I told you so and you didn't listen, now look at your country".