Holidays

Started by Sheila, November 09, 2022, 05:32:18 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Has anyone been abroad since Covid?  A friend has just enjoyed a long holiday in a lovely hotel in Lanzarote but Paul won't entertain that and keeps suggesting India or Cuba.
Our neighbours are in Cuba at the moment, strangely at a hotel that we enjoyed.  I'll have a chat with them when they get back but they are younger than us and don't have dodgy lungs like I do.  The fuel shortage (caused I think by the problems with the USA) means that there are some strange brews, one of which floored me when I left the hotel.
Paul is 70 next year and would like to be abroad for his birthday.

1955vintage

Off to Florida at end of the month, first time abroad since Covid lockdown.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Sheila

Very good.  I hope you have a great time.

Sheila

We've just had a workman in and he has recently returned from Cape Verde.  He has recommended it so we are investigating.

Scrumpy

Quote from: 1955vintage on November 09, 2022, 05:35:13 PMOff to Florida at end of the month, first time abroad since Covid lockdown.

I bet it can't come quick enough.. I have bee a couple of times.. with children..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: 1955vintage on November 09, 2022, 05:35:13 PMOff to Florida at end of the month, first time abroad since Covid lockdown.

It's good to have something to look forward to !  :upvote:

1955vintage

It is a week of golf, my better half is staying home as she has decided not to fly yet. When she finds out how the hassle of flying hasn't changed, we might book another trip in the new year.

Alex

Quote from: 1955vintage on November 15, 2022, 09:03:45 PMIt is a week of golf, my better half is staying home as she has decided not to fly yet. When she finds out how the hassle of flying hasn't changed, we might book another trip in the new year.

Long way to go for a game of grass marbles isn't it  ?  what's wrong with Hoylake ?  :grin:  :grin:

1955vintage

Alex

Scrumpy

Sam used to play golf when a severe frost was on the ground..
But, I think he would have preferred Florida..

Sheila

Well we have booked Cuba for Paul's 70th.  We tried Goa but they have made getting a visa extremely difficult.  One of the tasks is to go to Manchester to be fingerprinted!

Paul can take himself off to Havana if he wants and I will keep my dodgy lungs in the hotel, next to the sea.  He wouldn't go and leave me last time because I had just stopped taking 7 anti-biotics a day for 18 months and was quite weak.  He frog marched me up and down the beach to try and knock me into shape. 

Scrumpy

Oh to be 'frog marched'...  Good old days..

Raven

I was, several times by my angry mother. I complained bitterly at the time. BUT, looking back I can see now why.  :halo: