Had enough walking Dad

Started by Cassandra, November 10, 2022, 03:14:19 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Sounds like you've found your spot Cassandra. Enjoy it all.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Oh.!! To be ten years younger.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 15, 2022, 07:05:03 PMOh.!! To be ten years younger..

Yes, I know what you mean. Indeed I should have perhaps taken the plunge 25 years ago when my late wife died.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, these the saddest - it might have been :cry:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on November 16, 2022, 01:08:29 PMYes, I know what you mean. Indeed I should have perhaps taken the plunge 25 years ago when my late wife died.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, these the saddest - it might have been :cry:

But at least you've done it.

I'm glad I didn't move abroad when I was younger as I'd never have met my wife & had those wonderful few years with her.

But now, at my age of 78 with just me & the furry ones, I'd probably wave goodbye to the UK if it was financially viable & I bet quite a few of us would.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I certainly would.. 

November 16, 2022, 03:53:34 PM
Quote from: Cassandra on November 16, 2022, 01:08:29 PMFor all sad words of tongue and pen, these the saddest - it might have been :cry:

Beautiful words..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on November 16, 2022, 03:39:42 PMBut at least you've done it.

I'm glad I didn't move abroad when I was younger as I'd never have met my wife & had those wonderful few years with her.

But now, at my age of 78 with just me & the furry ones, I'd probably wave goodbye to the UK if it was financially viable & I bet quite a few of us would.

Strangely I would have got more for the practice (adjusted) in '98 and there were many offers. Criminal law chambers are today unpopular with the new young things at the bar. But I'm very happy with what I have now, I'm just being greedy in wanting more time with it! I also think the Sunaks and Co will have a much harder time in accomplishing their inevitable takeover here than they will in the UK, which to me has already been conquered.

November 16, 2022, 04:41:37 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on November 16, 2022, 03:51:42 PMI certainly would..

November 16, 2022, 03:53:34 PMBeautiful words..

The words were written by 'John Greenleaf Whittier', an American Poet and writer. The verse is from his composition Maude Muller, a very sad tale. I have a copy of his great work 'Snow Bound', which was my mother's book. A series of tales told by family members, warmly ensconced around the log fire in their stranded Home during a three day snow storm.

I used the quote from Maude Muller to great effect once, when pleading mitigation in a tragically sad manslaughter case.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...