Had enough walking Dad

Started by Cassandra, November 10, 2022, 03:14:19 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

The smallest Canine in my home decided that even sitting in a pannier saddlebag was going to be too much yesterday! So I left her wrapped up in front of the fire. This was the 'greeting' I got on return! Memories are made of these ...

Little one going no further!.jpeg
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: GrannyMac on November 10, 2022, 04:37:38 PMWhat a gorgeous dog!

Thank you. She's a tiny four year old Biewer Terrier, about 9lbs and a right little madam. But when I'm a bit unwell, the first to be with me constantly and fiercely chases the other two away. A funny little drama to watch, as her nature is as soft as velvet, apart from defending Dad!

She loved the plane journey here, sat on my lap gazing out of the window all the way, not the least bit staged by any of it.

I had a quarter sized pair of saddle bags made up in soft leather that I wear around my neck, when I go out shopping. Her favourite position is in the left hand one with just her front paws and head protruding. Most people don't notice her and the kids around here are all huge fans.

klondike

Alex

She's beautiful Cass  :upvote: she's obviously got you around her little paw  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

1955vintage

Not so easy with a 35kg Basset Hound.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Cassandra

They're also known as 'Columbo Hounds' round here. There's one magnificent being that sits on the counter (accessed by a series of well placed boxes) in our local 'retro' old style filling station, where they still serve you and clean your windshield etc.

His name in 'Judge' based partly because of the shape his wonderful ears form around his head, favouring an old style wig. Also because if he doesn't like you he pronounces his sentence with howls, and what a howl!

As a 'Beak' I am greeted with enthusiastic, inter-bench respect and I always leave (after a craftily transferred treat) by addressing him cordially - "as your lordship pleases!"

1955vintage

Peter Falk was a famous Basset owner, alongside Clint Eastwood and Elvis. My wife prefers to tell people her husband has something in common with George Clooney, who also has a Basset.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

Well I'm sure that this thread has brought some pleasure at a time where there is so much doom & gloom.

So thanks Cassandra.  :upvote:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

A triple hear hear from me too. :grin:  :grin:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..