Banksys Tree

Started by muddy, March 20, 2024, 03:54:30 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: muddy on March 20, 2024, 03:54:30 PMDid you see it ?
 What do you think ?

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/mar/18/north-london-tree-mural-prompts-banksy-speculation
I very much doubt it.
I saw that yesterday on the news.  It is nothing like the realistic stuff that he usually paints; just a general daub on the wall.  The tree featured is completely separate and no part of the painting.
No doubt someone is claiming to be Banksy - no-one has any idea who the artist actually is, so anyone could say that.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Banksy has claimed that he is the artist..
When viewed with the tree in the foreground it is beautiful in my opinion..
  The tree is a Cherry.. very old and not too well.. The council keep an eye on it and try to keep it healthy.. 
It certainly brings a plain wall to life.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I'd give it 6 out of 10, better than a plain wall :smiley:

Diasi

When seen from standing in line with the tree & square on to the wall the green paint gives the illusion of the tree having a canopy of leaves.

When seen from the side it does look like a general daub of green paint on the wall.

Whoever did it is quite talented.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

muddy

Concept gooo wrong green 

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 20, 2024, 07:22:35 PMDefaced already.  :boo:
There is always some prat ready to deface something that others enjoy.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

:boo:
I'm the last person on earth that you would expect to praise graffiti, but when the TV camera panned round to show the view of the tree square-on to the wall & the green daubing suddenly gave the appearance of a canopy of leaves I was impressed & thought it was very good.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if some waste-of-space tosser doesn't damage the tree.

Bring back harsh corporal punishment.  :angry:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

ansu

I am no expert, but I think it shows the present state of our world/environment - a hidden message.

GrannyMac

I like the clever stuff, hate the tags.

One of my favourites by Pete McKee, on the side of a local pub.

klondike

There was some looked quite well done that we saw during lockdown. I put together a picture collection of walks at the time and included the graffiti. I've probably posted it before

https://lockdown.digitalham.co.uk/waterside-graffiti/

Tapping the pics brings them up a bit bigger.

GrannyMac

I really like street art, especially where the surroundings are dismal.  Those are bright and cheerful.

There's loads in Sheffield, by an artist called Phlegm!  Here's one.

muddy

GrannyMac

I think so.  There's a graffiti trail in Sheffield, some great street art.  Here's a very different one.