War in Ukraine

Started by hugh, August 16, 2022, 09:05:27 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

After his day trip yesterday, Boris has announced a new 54 million pound package for Ukraine.  :rolleyes:

klondike

Very generous of him. Which of his backers are paying or is it us taxpayers again?

Jacqueline

I am sorry for Ukraine, but losing patience, Boris at the moment is still our prime Minister the money should be spent on us, the government is chucking away money we haven't got. Where is it all going to come from, and how are we going to pay the bill?  

Maybe he could send an army of young men over to help Ukraine, after all we have plenty coming in, would be somewhere to send them and save on hotel bills.  

klondike

We have no choice but to provide some support unfortunately but I'm in no way sure that Boris should be bigging himself up by splashing our cash.

Bugger all is being done on the big problems (our own problems) right now so further aid needs to be put on hold until the new PM is in place. All such aid should be coming from the foreign aid budget too. Bloody India is a recipient and they are busy buying up Putin's fossil fuels.

Ashy

I would prefer our government to encourage the Ukraine government to make peace while they still have some of their country left. Sending them an army of Albanian mercenaries to defend a government in exile would be a stupid thing to do.

Scrumpy

54 million !!!    Just think of all the candles/torches/ and matches that could be bought for those of us in this country when the blackout comes.. :boo:
All the hot water bottles and blankets for warmth.. !!
 How we have progressed from WW2...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

It's so crazy when a white flag and a pen cost no more than £20 including carriage.