Some things never change

Started by klondike, March 26, 2022, 09:38:38 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

I still look in most days, mostly for a read and the occasional post. But I do still post in some of the games to keep them going.

Scrumpy

I had some great times on the site..
I was monitored by Chris at one point but all that has been lifted.. I never log in but , on occasions I look in.. There is nothing of interest to me.. It is 'same old' topics..
I guess most sites, after time, become a bit repetitious ..
Would I go back there?  I very much doubt it.. Certainly not while this forum is operating..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

PF does have the advantage of being top of the pops in a search for "pensioners forum" so will still get new signons. We don't and the only new signups we have had is spammers and I think even they are blocked to a degree now.

Scrumpy

At least our Leaver's Party won't be costing much..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I just delete out the fail to complete registrations and spammers but I'd guess Chris doesn't...

638479 Posts in 28257 Topics by 6906 Members.

Over the time I was there I don't recall there ever being more than maybe 40 members and turnover was slow.

Raven

Chris's forum won't let me add a moving pic to my signature. :cry: I found a lovely flying Raven but was refused. :cry: He seems to have sooooo much blocked.  :nooo:

klondike

You can blame me for that.

Sciatico bragged about his VPN. I serve a picture as my sig (the two random silly quotes below) It is easy to detect if a VPN is in use so Sciatico got a slightly different sig from everybody else  :wink: and obviously complained. Rather than tell me to desist Chris just blocked picture signatures.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on March 28, 2022, 09:55:03 AM
You can blame me for that.

Sciatico bragged about his VPN. I serve a picture as my sig (the two random silly quotes below) It is easy to detect if a VPN is in use so Sciatico got a slightly different sig from everybody else  :wink: and obviously complained. Rather than tell me to desist Chris just blocked picture signatures.

That's all he seems to do to sort something out.  :waiting: He'll end up blocking the forum out of existence at this rate.  :nooo:

klondike

I don't think he visits the forum other than to delete stuff in respnse to complaints. If a feature is abused as I did with images in sigs then the easiest answer is to remove the feature. I think I was the only one using it anyway.

If people don't like what is in sigs or avatars come to that the option exists in their profile to not see either

https://letschat.club/profile/?area=theme