It's started!

Started by Michael Rolls, January 26, 2023, 09:21:08 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

and so it should be - it was a disgrace to even think of sending a man to a woman's prison, never mind doing it
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

This says there are 40 but it will possibly be stopping. I didn't know there were any I thought it was some new Scottish BS

Transgender inmates in women's prisons to face new government restrictions
Only 40 transgender inmates, most of whom identify as male, are held in women's prisons

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trans-prisoners-women-jails-government-b2200573.html

How can commonsense be subverted by a tiny vocal minority when a majority can't inject some into the tossers who aren't stopping the dinghy boys.

Michael Rolls

it's totally, utterly idiotic. I hadn't realised that there were already such instances - no, it's more than idiotic - it's disgraceful
[email protected]

Raven

Soooo, Are they going to build Trans Only Prisons? There will be more in the future I'm sure. I know in this case the Trans is a rapist but most Trans are just looking for acceptance and a quiet life. They will never bother anybody.

Michael Rolls

it's not the trans themselves that bother me - it's way that various levels and areas of officialdom pander to a tiny, tiny minority to the detriment of many - usually women. Not sure of the exact position, but there is talk of trans 'women' = OK weird men - being allowed to play in women's Rugby. There was an interesting article in the paper the other day pointing out the enormous advantage 'weird men' enjoy over genuine women in athletics regardless of testosterones levels- and here again they may be allowed in. Disgraceful!
[email protected]

klondike

Once a male has gone through puberty there are irreversible changes to the body which improve strength and endurance. Reducing testosterone levels, which those sports which allow them to compete against females usually require, does not revert them to female norms.

IMO sport should only permit athletes to compete against others of the same birth sex.

The trans swimmer who was mediocre in the male sport has regularly been trashing female records. This should simply not be allowed.

Michael Rolls

I checked and was pleased to find that in England, Wales and now Scotland, rugby union bodies will not allow transgender 'women' to compete in female events, I just hope that they stick to their guns - apparently they are already getting hysterical flack.
It really is idiotic. Many years ago I was a keen cyclist and rode a few time trails, quickly discovering that I was pretty useless - but had I been allowed to compete against women, only the late, great Beryl Burton could have  beaten me, and she was exceptional - a World Champion and head and shoulders above her contemporaries. I was faster than any other woman in the UK.
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

There are no figures for trans people in UK (apparently) but it's estimated by Government Equalities Office that there are between 200,000 and 500,000.   So few have caused such madness !

morty

I believe there is another row brewing .... makes you sick doesn't it.

https://news.sky.com/story/fresh-trans-prisoner-row-as-girls-stalker-approved-for-move-to-womens-jail-12797405

It is now understood prison chiefs have in recent weeks approved the move of Tiffany Scott, who stalked a 13-year-old girl while known as Andrew Burns.
It is believed Scott will switch from a male wing to an all-female unit.

Michael Rolls

idiotic and disgraceful
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I see that Sturgeon is now claiming that anyone who disagrees with her over her wretched bill is transphobic and/or racist. Also the man's wife has stated what we all assumed - that his transition is a sham to hopefully have an easier time in a woman's prison
Mike
[email protected]

morty

It looks like moving transgender prisoners from one jail to another has been put on hold whilst they do a review.

Sturgeon does seem to be getting herself into a mess over this.
I alwasy had her down as a bit of a spitfire who knew her own mind and was pretty level headed, (apart from her obsession with Scottish Independence).

Michael Rolls

don't know about level headed - to my mind she is pig-headed
[email protected]

morty

She does seem to be over this transgender issue.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]