Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

all the best, Raven - first day alone is always a worry
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Get on with it Raven... We women are as tough as old boots..
 Doctors later.. check up..  I am well chuffed. Yesterday I made myself walk up a bloody steep hill..  I live in a valley...  
No frost.. nor rain..  Just a regular January morning..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Morning, Yes I'm getting on with it Scrumpy, no choice in the matter.
Good for you getting up that steep hill,well done, no sun here yet,hope it does come through.

Michael Rolls

The sun has come through here, Raven - hopefully it's on its way to you
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

:yay: :yay: :yay:

The end result of all the letters from Aviva

Scrumpy

1p... !!!   1p....!!!!!    That's knocked our relationship on the head..  :nooo:

klondike

I'm wondering whether to pay it in. I reckon I might wear more than a penny's worth off the bottom of my shoes taking it in. 

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 26, 2023, 09:54:31 AMThe sun has come through here, Raven - hopefully it's on its way to you
Mike

Yes Mike it arrived in Perth around Lunch Time.  :smiley:

GrannyMac

I'm on my way home by train from a lovely day out in York with my daughter and granddaughter. The Castle Museum and the Chocolate experience, plus lunch at Betty's (very famous teashops in and around North Yorks). 

Good use of a school inset day. York is always worth a visit.

PS Scrumpy, I thought you were holding out for a well off Brummie widower?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 26, 2023, 05:39:04 PMPS Scrumpy, I thought you were holding out for a well off Brummie widower?

Ahh!! The well off Brummie... It's a myth.. 
Lives in a council flat.. Pays 10 bob a week rent and claims benefits.. Spends all his money in Wetherspoons... :cry:

morty

It's horrible and grey and drizzly here so I've slothed around. Not done much but have caved in to my sweet tooth and engaged in some diet aversion therapy by buying a pack of cornettos for a treat. 

Hi Raven  :clap: .. it's good to see you sounding a little chirpier. Hope you're feeling a little better.

Scrumpy

I am having Diabetes checks.. I would love to bite into a bar of chocolate.. but I must not.. 

morty

That's a bummer. Mr M was diagnosed with diabetes 2 a couple of years ago.

Scrumpy

It seems to be a common complaint.
I am not on any medication.. The nurse at the surgery is hoping that it can be controlled..
 Does Mr M find it diy Morty..

heaven knows what that diy word was meant to be..!!  I think it might be EASY..

morty

Mr M went on medication right away ... Metformin .. as it seems he'd had it undiagnosed for a few years.
Yours sounds encouraging though. You must be borderline and a few dietary changes should knock it on the head.