Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

I will Alex I will, just get a bit weepy at times a mix of pain and Why Me?
I am using a zimmer they gave me home with me from the hospital just now. I have crutches for outside later when I'm able to venture out.

Alex

I was the same when I did my leg in a couple of years ago, sometimes a good cry can make you feel better, I don't know why  :smiley:   I didn't stick with the physio which I thought was a waste of time - for me at least.  Now I can't straighten my leg.   One good thing at least, you're not in the middle of Covid.

Raven

Still a lot of it about though, several wards were closed because of it, including the one I started off in. I was in it about 24 hours and was moved to another one.
I am doing the bending and stretching exercises I got when I had my knee replacements done, All I was told this time was try to keep walking and not let it stiffen up. It stiffens up overnight and I have to exercise it loose in the mornings.

Alex

A much better morning here, no frost and the sun is trying to come out.

klondike

I think it must be my turn here. Around zero all day yesterday (I was out fishing but cheating too with a diesel heater pumping hot air into the boat). Had to break the ice to fish. Still sub zero now. 

Raven

Just above the freezing level here, 3 or 4 degrees and no overnight frost in the near future according to the weather forecast.
Same old routine for me today, exercises, walking, reading and snuggling with Dagues. [2090]
Still not getting used to my armchair life but I have to get on with it for a while longer yet. I'm such an outdoor person I find it very difficult keeping my bahookie in one place.

Scrumpy

Sunshine.. heavy overnight frost..

Raven.. You are a trooper.. Keep it up.. The weather will change for the better and so will you..  So much nicer knowing that Spring is around and the winter will be behind us..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Morning All, Much warmer here today, but a bit wet with it. Dageus is just away for a walk with my son so am expecting a mucky Hound to return so towels and hair dryer at the ready on the kitchen bench.
Adding a wee bit more into my walks today, going to head into the kitchen before I return to the chair, see if I can unlock the back door get it open then closed for Dagues. Also need to see if I can change my ice pack get a new one out of the freezer and put the used one back in to refreeze. Just wee things I need to start doing for myself.
Have a nice day people.

klondike

Even tiny steps in the right direction mount up. Good luck with your recovery.

Scrumpy

Slowly does it Raven.. and a bit of determination..

Sheila

I haven't caught up properly but I hope you are ok Raven.

We are in the VIP lounge at the airport in Cuba waiting to come home.  We saw a fantastic water ballet show last night and have had some lovely company.

Scrumpy

I wondered where you were Sheila.. It sounds as though you had a lovely time in Cuba.. Crabby is still in Goa..   
How the other half live.. !!

Alex

Welcome back Sheila  :upvote:
My Grand-dog is a bit poorly today so I'm babysitting for a couple of hours.   She's better than she was 24 hours ago, but she didn't want to go to play school this morning :grin:

Raven

Just got into bed for the night, and I'm really quite frightened. Regan needs some decent sleep and has driven back to Dundee with Dageus to her own bed.I knew this was coming as she has been talking about me not needing help to the toilet through the night.Doesn't make me feel any better though, knowing I'm totally on my own till the back of nine tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Alex

Quote from: Raven on January 25, 2023, 07:58:16 PMJust got into bed for the night, and I'm really quite frightened. Regan needs some decent sleep and has driven back to Dundee with Dageus to her own bed.I knew this was coming as she has been talking about me not needing help to the toilet through the night.Doesn't make me feel any better though, knowing I'm totally on my own till the back of nine tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
[/quote

You've got us  !!! :upvote: someone here to chat to, just stay warm in bed, you know if you need the loo you can do that slowly.  chin up