Gas Prices

Started by hugh, February 03, 2022, 02:01:10 PM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

to be honest, the deep coal mines never caused many problems, it was the shallower ones that had subsidence problems, so perhaps fracking could be similar, if they did it deep enough....i know America went from big importers to big exporters thanx to fracking.... i should think it might be science led..

Scrumpy

Quote from: zoony on February 03, 2022, 04:44:44 PM
I want to meet the guy who thinks us fixed-incomers can suddenly find an extra £1,000 a year from somewhere...  :waiting: (Preferably down a dark alley.)

Find an extra 1,000..!! Down a dark alley.. !!! 
... Not with my wobbly legs..!!  :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 03, 2022, 02:02:08 PM
not people - bloody idiots!!!!
Mike

I know, it's scary to think that there are so-called highly-educated people who think that drilling a few holes can cause a massive earthquake.

Of course they quote minutely small seismometer recordings as proof that fracking caused the readings, which it probably did, but they're too dimwitted to understand that a building collapse miles away would also cause a siesmic recording.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

zoony

But still, not something you'd like to see if you were testing the integrity of a dam wall..

Diasi

Quote from: zoony on February 05, 2022, 08:11:48 PM
But still, not something you'd like to see if you were testing the integrity of a dam wall.

Well I'm quite certain that fracking won't cause what I regard as an earthquake.

[automatically pruned due to age]
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

The alarmist Gasland documentary was taken to be science rather than the propaganda it really was. Americans eventually decided it was BS when the $ spoke. Our lot still haven't.