Gas Prices

Started by hugh, February 03, 2022, 02:01:10 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

To think our energy bills going to rise one hell of a lot, yet we could be getting our own gas if it wasn't for all the anti frackers. Yes we are all now going to suffer because of these people.
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

not people - bloody idiots!!!!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

hugh

Thankfully the price hike not going to worry me to much. The bills I have been paying for home improvements as now finished so I am OK. Electric prices also going to rise quite a lot. For this last quarter I got £20 back from my solar panel this year I got £40 cash back.
Happy Golfer

zoony

I want to meet the guy who thinks us fixed-incomers can suddenly find an extra £1,000 a year from somewhere...  :waiting: (Preferably down a dark alley.)

klondike

But we have our 3% State Pension increase. Reduced as blip in the stats meant we needed no more...

Jacqueline

Quote from: zoony on February 03, 2022, 04:44:44 PM
I want to meet the guy who thinks us fixed-incomers can suddenly find an extra £1,000 a year from somewhere...  :waiting: (Preferably down a dark alley.)

That would be our government then Zoony, Sunak the millionare, and the rest of our wonderful MP's of all parties who are going to get a nice pay rise this year.

zoony

Wot we need now is Grey Power!.. and quick.

Michael Rolls

just another example of the lack of sensible energy planning over the las 20 or more years, We could have created small nuclear stations, fracked for oil, and if others are continuing to use coal - why not us?
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

because Mike..... we are leaders not followers..... perhaps

Michael Rolls

leading to perdition!
Mike
[email protected]

hugh

After Nigel Farage meeting in Blackpool fracking may just get the go ahead, with so many good payed jobs for the area being created. A vote at the meeting should Boris stay or go out come 50 50. None of them were against fracking.
Happy Golfer

Jacqueline

Fracking frightens the hell out of me, buggering about in the earth beneath us in a small country like ours, left well alone.

klondike

There was a lot of green propaganda produced designed for that very purpose.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Jacqueline on February 04, 2022, 09:55:46 AM
Fracking frightens the hell out of me, buggering about in the earth beneath us in a small country like ours, left well alone.
coal mines?
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 04, 2022, 10:08:23 AM
coal mines?

OK I asked for that!  but we have been mineing coal for a very long time and know the problems. Do we really know what problems fracking causes? is it safe,? we have the word of fracking companies for that, do we trust them? I don't have a very trusting nature, especially when big money is concerned.  Be honest, would any of us want fracking going on very close to us?