What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Old begets old or so it seems. I was watching an old Inside Number 9 and remembered an actress in it was in Spooks. Alongside Emilia Fox from the later silent Witnesses as it happened. As Spooks is so old I assumed a visit to the Emporium may well draw a blank but there it was - 10 seasons worth. That will replace the old Inspector Morse's which I have just finished. Perhaps I'll couple them with the Silent Witnesses which I haven't got around to yet.

klondike

Well I'm still not watching the Silent Witnesses. I was sidetracked by some better quality Midsomer Murders at the Emporium and have been watching those. Considering the age they aren't bad quality at all and much better than the ones I had. Obviously I've already seen them all but senility means I can't recall whodunnit. What is odd is that I do recall the main characters in each episode. Not something for avid crime watchers as it is all so ott but very enjoyable.

Michael Rolls

watched a film called 'Interceptor'. Totally incredible story of terrorist stealing Russian missiles and targeting them on the USA only to be thwarted by a female US army captain. Light hearted entertainment, but even more incredible than the plot were the heroics of the female officer, throwing blokes twice her size all over the place and being punched repeatedly in the face, again by someone twice her size, and showing as a result just a small trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth.
Still, it passed the time
Mike 
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I watched The Forgotten Battle tonight on Netflix.  A true story told through the perspective of three different participators of the Battle of the Scheldt, a Dutch axis pilot, a British air pilot, and a female resistance fighter from Zeeland. The Canadian Army led the way helped by Polish and British units, I found it interesting and sad.

Scrumpy

I have watched the first episode of. The English.. 
So far.. so good..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I thought I'd seen this mentioned here but if it was I can't find the post. It's on Nexflix but was in the Emporium  of couse so I'll give it a try. Ancient Apocalypse. Looks like it will be a rework / alternate interpretation of the von Daniken Chariots of the Gods ideas. I doubt I'll see anything to persuade me of past marvels but I do like to see the clever stuff our predecessors produced before recorded history.

I was going to post an IMDB link but fumble fingers in the process lead to me finding this story which was probably where I saw it mentioned...

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1701596/Netflix-Ancient-Apocalypse-dangerous-reaction

Netflix's Ancient Apocalypse branded 'most dangerous show' as viewers divided
The new docuseries claims to reveal "something incredibly important in our own past" which has allegedly been forgotten from history books.

Raven

That new crime drama set in Aberdeen is shaping up to be really good. "The Granite Harbour"

Alex

Raven

Scrumpy

Started watching  Breaking Bad  (Netflix) ... It's getter better and better..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I might give that another go. I think I only watched the pilot but then stopped for some reason. I seem to only watch old stuff. I get annoyed trying to spot the token straight white bloke in the modern stuff.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Anyone watching the 4 parter Riptide? I'm recording it all before watching. It looked like it was about Surfing and that's what drew me to it. :grin:

klondike

I'm not sure it's actually about surfing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21279638/

Alison, whose life is plunged into despair when her new Australian husband vanishes after a morning surf. It quickly becomes obvious there is more to the story than meets the eye as she sets out to investigate his disappearance

Plus plenty of reviews and stuff out there but there is always a danger of spoilers.

Raven

I saw it advertised in an add break just the once and it looked good, I like detective stuff anyway so I'll give it a whirl. :smiley: