You-tube

Started by hugh, February 02, 2022, 09:34:17 AM

« previous - next »

hugh

The last few years I have spent time on youtube which has been of great benefit to me. Before my knee replacement operation I was able to learn all about it, and the risks involved. To recover from the replacement, an excellent exercise routine which got me back on the golf course much earlier than expected.

During lockdown and to stop me getting bored with being home alone I was able to join in with dumbbells' exercise routines created for elderly people.

With golf I have learnt which equipment and golf balls suit me as an elderly player. Most of my equipment was my sons who had purchased a new set. They were not right for me. Driver needed to have a flex shaft and more degrees in loft. Golf balls the ones classed as soft.

Plenty of golf lessons in golf which have certainly improved my playing skills.

When Mike said he could not play golf because he only has one good arm. I went to search and requested playing with one arm and up popped players with one arm and lessons.

No matter just what your interests are there will be some thing for you on youtube.
Happy Golfer

klondike

Yes it's an excellent resource for knowlege or just for entertainment.

It's all well and good reading how to open some piece of kit up but watching it done makes it so much clearer.

Reviews of something you are considering buying.

In my case tying fishing knots in modern materials like braid or flourocarbon where the old ones plain don't work or can be a weak spot. Some are really really simple and far easier to tie than the older ones I remember.

https://www.dailymotion.com/gb is another good video site although YouTube is my first port of call.

Michael Rolls

I sometimes wonder how we coped without it! The combination of YouTube, Wikipedia and Goggle mean that the ability to find out just about anything you want on just minutes - or even seconds - is surely something no previous generation could come even close to matching. For the sake of argument - you want to find out something about, say, a middle ranking foreign dignitary of the last 100 years - with that combination  no problem. 50 years ago - where would you start?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

You Tube is great, you can visit so many places or find out how to fix almost anything.