smilies,

Started by alfred, February 02, 2022, 11:18:06 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

I seem to have a problem when it comes to smilies i suppose it could be my desk top  if not where have i gone wrong ,,

any ideas  ,

klondike

I set this forum to use the standard editor as default rather than the WYSIWYG editor which is default on PF. The reason I did so is because the WYSIWYG editor has a still unfixed bug which leads to the spurious tags that appear like th[size=110%]is one I will demonstrate.[/size]

It seems that was amistake as people have trouble using it. I have set you to use the WYSIWYG editor by default which I expect will fix the problem you get. I will set the forum default to it too.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on February 02, 2022, 11:51:32 AM
I set this forum to use the standard editor as default rather than the WYSIWYG editor which is default on PF. The reason I did so is because the WYSIWYG editor has a still unfixed bug which leads to the spurious tags that appear like th[size=110%]is one I will demonstrate.[/size]

It seems that was amistake as people have trouble using it. I have set you to use the WYSIWYG editor by default which I expect will fix the problem you get. I will set the forum default to it too.
will that affect the extra smilies? Please say no- I love them
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

No it won't. The changed default is only for new users anyway.

If you want to switch editors on the fly the button -  RHS 2nd row of buttons when posting will put you into the other one from your default (at least it does for default to WYSIWYG) so you can try it.

The amount of edits I do because of my sausage fingers means I will never chose to use WYSIWYG as edits are one way to produce the junk. Plus I've got used to the default way of getting stuff done anyway now.