Doctors

Started by klondike, April 25, 2024, 08:12:35 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

A lot for you to take in Raven, I wish you well with the treatment  :upvote:

GrannyMac

Quote from: 1955vintage on April 26, 2024, 09:55:41 PMNurses are usually blessed with more common sense than doctors and more compassion.However, the training requirement for nurses is not the same, the selection process is much tougher for doctors, if you want a diagnosis, go to a doctor.
Absolutely.  However, ACPs/ANPs are matron grade.  They have undertaken far more training than nurses or paramedics, and carry out a lot of the work that used to be undertaken by doctors.   In theory they free up the doctors for more complex cases and also save the NHS money.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

My wife worked for the NHS as a occupational therapist. Her assistant , who was bone idle and useless, was offered the chance to be a health care practitioner. She encouraged the move to get rid of the assistant.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Raven

Quote from: Alex on Yesterday at 07:53:45 AMA lot for you to take in Raven, I wish you well with the treatment  :upvote:

Thanks Alex.  :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 08:48:14 AMAbsolutely.  However, ACPs/ANPs are matron grade.  They have undertaken far more training than nurses or paramedics, and carry out a lot of the work that used to be undertaken by doctors.  In theory they free up the doctors for more complex cases and also save the NHS money. 
I agree, and I see this as a sensible, practical solution to the problems today.

With a rapidly increasing population today in this country, the difficulty of being seen by a health professional - any health professional - is a foreseeable consequence.
The obvious solution, which could effectively reverse this trend, is clear to me but for some reason the people running this country seem oblivious to it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Silver Tabby

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 25, 2024, 04:45:56 PMIn which case someone else can have the physio session.  Best thing would be for you to peg out.
Ouch Dex - that's a bit harsh!

dextrous63

Quote from: Silver Tabby on Yesterday at 07:47:11 PMOuch Dex - that's a bit harsh!
Oops.  Have I put my foot in it again?😳

Sheila

Quote from: klondike on April 26, 2024, 11:45:00 AMNothing seems to work well in the NHS. Falling to bits.
After having NHS physiotherapy on and off since 2019 for a painful hip, I took myself off to a private physio who was recommended by a friend.  What a difference!
She recommended that I go to Spire to see a consultant who is a hip expert.  I saw him two days later and he had my NHS X-ray up on his screen.  Ten minutes (and £250 lighter) I had a diagnosis of hip abductor malfunction.
I googled it and found some exercises.  Two weeks later the pain was much less but I still have weak legs.
I went back to the physio who watched me doing the exercises and pointed out that I was favoring my stronger leg.  We had some useful discussions.
We can't see a GP but are pushed into seeing a life coach who has no medical qualifications!

Yesterday at 08:14:20 PM
Raven, I hope your new treatments help.  I feel sorry that you can no longer ride.

I used to do a lot of riding and when we were on holiday, I had the opportunity to have a ride but decided that I wouldn't bounce too well now!