Flying cars at last

Started by klondike, April 09, 2024, 10:52:07 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Scrumpy

Terrible things.. I wouldn't buy one.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Doesn't seem the most surreptitious way of sneaking a peek into someone's bedroom.

Alex

That wouldn't do the suspension much good !

Ashy

When these batteries experience a chemical breakdown, the resulting fire self sustains. It cannot be extinguished. In some circumstances this will set fire to other objects in the vicinity and these are all that a fire brigade can deal with.

JBR

EVs certainly seem to be potentially dangerous.

Another bright idea of our incompetent politicians.  I'd certainly support them if every politician (and civil servant) were to be compelled to use EVs rather than ICEs.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on April 10, 2024, 01:21:46 PMEVs certainly seem to be potentially dangerous.

Another bright idea of our incompetent politicians.  I'd certainly support them if every politician (and civil servant) were to be compelled to use EVs rather than ICEs.

Yes, all fitted with battery powered, flame resistant safety belts and door openers, with positively no manual over-rides :smiley:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on April 10, 2024, 12:58:03 PMWhen these batteries experience a chemical breakdown, the resulting fire self sustains. It cannot be extinguished. In some circumstances this will set fire to other objects in the vicinity and these are all that a fire brigade can deal with.
Yes, thermal runaway.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on April 10, 2024, 04:30:22 PMYes, thermal runaway.
Perhaps there's a better way to make use of these battery fires.  Don't try to extinguish them at all, but instead cover the vehicle with a dome and use the heat from the fire to create steam to run a turbine and generate electricity to heat local homes or charge other batteries ready for their own meltdowns😬😇