Restrict Engines for Dinghy Use.

Started by Raven, November 01, 2023, 10:01:20 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Would this do any good? What do you think, good idea or not?

BBC News - Restrict boat motor sales to hit smugglers, says NCA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67278700

dextrous63

Let them buy the engines, but insist that they use proper sized propellers on them...

klondike

Hmmm...
QuoteThe head of the National Crime Agency (NCA) has called for import restrictions on the motors used on small boats to reduce people smuggling.
The motors are usually imported here by the illegal migrants aren't they? Fat chance of the Europeans restricting imports - they are glad to get shot of the buggers using them.

Alex

I've seen lots of photos of hundreds of dinghies tied up in Dover, I think it would be better to put a knife into them, rather than keep them in storage. Who's to say they don't end up back over in Calais ?

As for the engines, can't see what difference it would make stopping importation of them to UK, it's France that needs to stop importing  :rolleyes:

Raven

France should and could do a lot to help stop the smugglers.......But won't.  :boo:

Michael Rolls

they must be joking - not a hope in hell of making any difference
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 01, 2023, 02:00:35 PMthey must be joking - not a hope in hell of making any difference

My feelings too Mike, you'd think even the collaborator in Downing Street would understand he's going down forever next year and 'go for broke' by ignoring the ECHR etc etc and making something happen as regards illegal immigrants. In reality of course he's a Davos Man through and through and is ultimately only interested in replacing Zer Fuhrer (Schwab) when the old Nazi kicks the bucket :shocked:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...