Remember these ?

Started by Alex, March 20, 2023, 01:24:22 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Gawd I used to hate gymnastics at school  !

klondike

I was never a sporty type. Mostly because I was pretty useless at any sport and hated to lose. 

I recall we had a sort of springy wooden ramp leading up to those but it didn't help at all and getting over it was next to impossible.

Michael Rolls

remember them well - instruments of torture!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 20, 2023, 05:23:57 AMremember them well - instruments of torture!

Not for me Mike, I loved all the gym classes and I was good at it. I found the equipment no problem at all. Today it would certainly be as you say.... An instrument of Torture.  [1080]

Scrumpy

We had them in the school gym.. I was rubbish..
I was never picked for the hockey or netball team.. Couldn't run fast either..
I threw the javelin and discus.. Not very far though..  :grin:
 Later , I became reporter for school sports.. What a laugh..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I loved netball, but hockey I hated as I was always scared of getting a bash on the shins  :grin:  :grin:

Jacqueline

As a shortie with short legs of 4ft 11 as an adult, I never managed that pommel horse, I was never any good at netball the tall girls would get in front of me, and my reactions if I had a ball thrown at me was to duck!  Dancing was my exercise and I loved swimming, but sports no! no! no! and I still hate all sport to this day.

Raven

I hate watching sports, but taking part was different, I enjoyed that. Jacqueline, we had a wee spring board thingy we used to run up to jump onto the big horse thing.

Jacqueline

That springboard thingy only got little old me up to sitting on the edge of the pommel horse, blooming great thing!

Raven

Quote from: Jacqueline on March 20, 2023, 06:20:33 PMThat springboard thingy only got little old me up to sitting on the edge of the pommel horse, blooming great thing!

Oh Dear, I can just see you.  :yell:  :rofl:

JBR

Oh, I remember that from when we broke out of a prison camp.  They even made a film about it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

The Wooden Horse I believe it was called
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

I always hated gym & all sports & I had an unblemished school life of giving them a miss.

However good it would have been for me, so I was told at the time, I don't now need knee or hip replacements.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]