having a good memory pays off,

Started by alfred, March 02, 2022, 07:46:21 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

I  do not  include myself as having a good memory but i can get by,  well the other day i was repairing a fence and thought i must go out and buy myself some more nails in various lengths ,

after i had finished off the fence repair , i decided to straighten out ne of my two sheds on  that had timber  screws and a few tools in it, paint and other bits and pieces, which i put there for another day but hadnt got around to using them,

it was then as i tidied up that i came across a number of bags of nails in different lengths  which in the past i must have bought some where or other  and  put them away and  forgotten about them .

my wife had a sort out in her bed side cabinet and going through  the drawers found items she had put there and had long forgotten about

Q; do you have a similar problem or are you better organised,

Michael Rolls

Organised and me never get said in the same sentence! Mind you - I never lose anything - just can't remember where I put it!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I have stuff in my shed that just gets forgotten.. I get excited if I find something I need when I'm on the verge of buying more..

Keep well Alfred.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

To paint the back wall of the summerhouse I use a small Poundshop roller on a broom handle. When in the Poundshop I saw some and remembered I had thrown the last one away after use so bought one. When I went to the cellar to put it away there were three there aready.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

When I do the job again I probably won't be able to find one  :cry:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex

I like it when I go in the freezer and find one choc ice all alone.... :clap:

Sheila

As I said a few months ago, we had the wall knocked down between the kitchen and dining room.  The men moved some of the old units into the utility room.  It was all pretty major and we put things away as best we could.  We are not doing very well at finding things and a few cupboards need wiping out.

So, I have ended up with loads of empty, clean cupboards with stuff everywhere.  Paul offered to help but he wouldn't take care or wipe the cupboards properly so he went off to 'tidy' the garage.

The aim is to rearrange things so that there is some logic.  Hence I am on here avoiding it for a bit.

Michael Rolls

Don't blame you, Sheila. Sort of job I hate
Mike
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Sheila.. I bet he's in the garage playing Wordle..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

He's sitting next to me trying to beat my spider solitaire score and telling me to not do any more work today.  This is because he does not want to do any.  He tells me that he tidied the kitchen after lunch but I put him right!

I'm pleased with my progress but have not finished yet.